What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » SMC Router Problem :S

SMC Router Problem :S
Author: Message:
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
O.P. SMC Router Problem :S
heres what happens..

the last 5 days, my internet has taken a down fall :S
(yes it's cable.. cant do without)
i have an SMC Router 7004VWBR and it splits to my PC, my upstairs PC, and my brothers laptop.

When hooked into the router, my internet flickers on and off, and has slow and fast peaks.  and today it just stopped working.  Tried fiddling with the wires and stuff, but nothing.  I clicked Share connection and it came back online for a good 10-15 min, but i told my brother to use his laptop, and both connections died.  He just went out, so i put the cable from the Modem (lancity) and it works SOOOOO good... ive never seen the light go that fast in a good year...

its going threw a USB Linksys so im kinda confused on how to get my router to start working.

my brothers friend before unplugged the router, restarted the PC or something and boom, it started working.. like it didnt work at all before, but he got it to work... anyone got an ideas?
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

05-25-2004 10:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: SMC Router Problem :S
quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
heres what happens..

the last 5 days, my internet has taken a down fall :S
(yes it's cable.. cant do without)
i have an SMC Router 7004VWBR and it splits to my PC, my upstairs PC, and my brothers laptop.

When hooked into the router, my internet flickers on and off, and has slow and fast peaks.  and today it just stopped working.  Tried fiddling with the wires and stuff, but nothing.  I clicked Share connection and it came back online for a good 10-15 min, but i told my brother to use his laptop, and both connections died.  He just went out, so i put the cable from the Modem (lancity) and it works SOOOOO good... ive never seen the light go that fast in a good year...

its going threw a USB Linksys so im kinda confused on how to get my router to start working.

my brothers friend before unplugged the router, restarted the PC or something and boom, it started working.. like it didnt work at all before, but he got it to work... anyone got an ideas?

I have that exact one...it's iffy and poorly made....try un-plugging it, re-setting it, then setting it up again.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-25-2004 10:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris.1

addicted to the net

36 / Male / –
RE: SMC Router Problem :S
Check it's not overheating? My router (cost like £25) sometimes (like once a week or so) just restarts itself - which I'm putting down to it overheating.
05-28-2004 07:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: