What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sound Feature Request

Poll: Would you like this feature?
Yes
Don't know/don't care
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Sound Feature Request
Author: Message:
Kilomil

O.P. Roll Eyes  Sound Feature Request
As many of you guys out there I think the sound commands are cool, and I think there's too few of them! :deal:
I was wondering if it were possible to make it like the costum emoticons. Only the sender needs to have the emoticon for it to work. I know it would be a problem with big sized sounds, but what if there was a size limit, like 50kb or something!
I know there are plugins for download so that you can use more sounds with your contacts, but they also need the plugin and that is what I want to avoid. It's hard enough to get ppl to even download plus!:(
Well I hope you understand what I want

Best Regards
Kilomil

And hey, Good job on Plus! so far Patchou REALLY great :bow:

oh yeah, I almost forgot...
In the new MSN messenger, when you type a smiley like :) it turns it into a "painted smiley" instantly in the box where you're writing the text... it's kinda annoying because it doesnt work with all programs when it sends the smiley painted instead of a kode. So what I want futhermore is to be given an option to disable/enable it
Best Regards

This post was edited on 05-26-2004 at 04:07 PM by Kilomil.
05-26-2004 02:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Sound Feature Request
You can edit posts to avoid double posting...it is polite...
There are loads of sounds people want in MSG Plus...unfortunately they take up a lot of room in the installer...so unfortunately no more will be added for space reasons...
quote:
Originally posted by Kilomil
Only the sender needs to have the emoticon for it to work
This is probably to some degree in the long-term possible but I doubt Patchou will want it...I'm not sure the protocol will accept it file transfers like that...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
05-26-2004 03:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sound Feature Request
Both contacts will always need the plugin (heck, even with plus, both contacts need the sounds and thus Plus!).

This because, as you said yourself, sounds can be huge and filetransfers are slow.

And then there is the privacy issue. If this "new soundplugin" allowed to send files to random contacts who don't need the plugin (or even plus), the contact needs to accept them first. There is no way you can sends random files to random contacts automaticly, because this is a very huge breach of privacy!!
And thus, if the contacts needs to accept it, then this "sound plugin" is useless...

So, in other words: nope, can't be done...

Concearning the auto-completed smileys: download and install this patch to disable that feature (made by TheBlasphemer): http://www.scito.nl/downloads/MSNEmoTyping.zip
(note: patching MSN Messenger is illegal)

This post was edited on 05-26-2004 at 09:04 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-26-2004 08:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kilomil

O.P. RE: Sound Feature Request
No you see, what I wanned was to get it implantated INTO plus! (no plugins) and ppl without plus! are not able to get the sounds... and ofcourse there needed to be an on/off feature so you can turn it on/off... maybe it should be off by default!
And as I were saying, custom emoticons do not have to be accepted... do you consider that as a HUGE BREAK of privacy too? ;)
Best Regards

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 12:08 PM by Kilomil.
05-27-2004 12:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: