What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Auto Accept "Troubles?"

Auto Accept "Troubles?"
Author: Message:
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Auto Accept "Troubles?"
Well,

First of all, Great job you did on Plus!3 but I've found something inside it what's quite annoying...

Two problems I've found in the Auto Accepting-thing

> First, is a small thing.. It doesn't always accept automatic, sometimes you get a message like "Cannot send reply" or "Cannot sent Invitation"..

I guess it also has something to do with duplicate filenames

> 2nd "problem" is slighly bigger..

If you have auto-accept turned on for a person EVERY request will be auto accepted... Filetransfers, Microphone conversations, Webcamming and even the Launch menu... I think it's kinda irritating... I won't give an example but you could think of uninvited webcamming or something like that.. :P

Yes, you cóuld unplug your webcam, or microphone....or turn of the function but i guess that won't be handy.. It isn't turned on for no reason ;)

I hope you can change some things that you can choose whát thing should be autoaccepted:

- LaunchMenu Items
- Webcam
- Audio Conversation
- File Transfer

Anything I forgot?

I hope you will all agree on this point, and I hope Patchou reads this..
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
05-30-2004 09:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
RE: Auto Accept "Troubles?"
quote:
Originally posted by SyPhEr
If you have auto-accept turned on for a person EVERY request will be auto accepted... Filetransfers, Microphone conversations, Webcamming and even the Launch menu... I think it's kinda irritating... I won't give an example but you could think of uninvited webcamming or something like that..
I think this was one of the main reasons there was the option to select who you want to Auto-Accept with. I agree it would be nice to filter certain requests aside from others, but if your really unsure if someone will send you a web cam request or something unwanted, then for now just filter them out ;) And if you don't want to do that, then turning the camera away from pointing at you, or turning the sound down on your mic shouldn't be too much trouble :)
Maybe Patchou will add this in a later version :P Don't forget he still has to get the feedback from these new features to judge on the next move
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
05-30-2004 10:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Auto Accept "Troubles?"
That's the reason i've posted this.. But as I've said before....

quote:
Originally posted by me
Yes, you cóuld unplug your webcam, or microphone....or turn of the function but i guess that won't be handy.. It isn't turned on for no reason

But that filtering part, I don't think it's that hard... Or I'm mistaking... But one pulldown menu with the options, or checkboxes or something... Would be easier than doing counter measures...

Especially the Auto accept of Games is irritating :p No counter measure for that though...

This post was edited on 05-30-2004 at 10:06 PM by Sypher.
05-30-2004 10:05 PM
Tantawi

38 / Male / –
quote:
I hope you can change some things that you can choose whát thing should be autoaccepted:

- LaunchMenu Items
- Webcam
- Audio Conversation
- File Transfer

Totally support the idea :)
05-30-2004 10:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
But that filtering part, I don't think it's that hard... Or I'm mistaking... But one pulldown menu with the options, or checkboxes or something... Would be easier than doing counter measures...
Well yes, of course it would be easy to add a pull down menu, checkboxes and any other necessary options to handle what the end user wants to do with the auto-accept, but if your talking about how easy it would be to detect what the request actually is then it wouldn't be. I mean Patchou may well be able to do this, but doesn't mean its as simple as 123 :P And i know what you mean, because i do agree it would be nice, but for the time-being while you don't have this feature to filter specific requests, im was just giving some examples. If you look back, to when this was first mentioned, you will see that almost everyone popped this question about only accepting certain requests, and it was an issue. (Search Button will tell you more if you haven't read them already) But yeah, many people before MP!3 was released said that this should be a needed feature.. i can't remember what that discussion ended with, but all i know now is we can filter certain contacts.. so maybe this was the idea that came to mind..
Anyways, i hope this option is added as well (Y)
quote:
First, is a small thing.. It doesn't always accept automatic, sometimes you get a message like "Cannot send reply" or "Cannot sent Invitation"..
Hmm.. not sure why that’s happening but Patchou or someone else might have more of an insight :)

maybe this will be fixed in the new update, soon to be released
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
05-30-2004 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
If you get an error when accepting, it comes from Messenger, not Messenger Plus! :). As for selecting what kind of request to auto-accept, that will probably be an improvement in the near future :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-30-2004 10:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Auto Accept "Troubles?"
Hey Patchou, glad to see you, Tnx for replying :)

I'm looking forward to that Feat ;)
05-30-2004 10:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: