What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » 2 suggestions for away statuses

2 suggestions for away statuses
Author: Message:
niphredil

– / Female / –
O.P. 2 suggestions for away statuses
There are 2 things i thought of that might be useful in next version/update of plus!:

-an option to chose whether you want the 'automatically change status after period of inactivity' (in plus!) to either:
     -always change status after that period of inactivity (no matter what your current status is)
     -only change your status when your status is 'online' for that period of inactivity

-and i don't know if this is possible, but perhaps an option to sign in with the same status as your status was before you signed out
06-01-2004 07:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
RE: 2 suggestions for away statuses
there a bit of a waste of time it sets u as a away after a certain amount of time any way so why do u need to do all of that?
[Image: 1thing5hk.gif]

06-01-2004 07:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by niphredil
-always change status after that period of inactivity (no matter what your current status is)
I beleive MSN Messenger already does this
quote:
-only change your status when your status is 'online' for that period of inactivity
Doesn't that contradict your above requested feature...and yeah I suppose an option to only automatically change your status automatically only if your status is something else is a good idea
quote:
-and i don't know if this is possible, but perhaps an option to sign in with the same status as your status was before you signed out
In theory if Messenger Plus! stored your status at sign off it could change it the second you sign in...Maybe 1ms after but yeah its possible...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-01-2004 07:38 PM
niphredil

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: 2 suggestions for away statuses
quote:

-an option to chose whether you want the 'automatically change status after period of inactivity' (in plus!) to either:

Ok, the reason i posted this suggestion is that in plus!2 the status only changed when i was 'online'. But in plus!3 it changes my status no matter what status.
And i like the version that plus!2 used, but i also heard people who like the version of plus!3. So, i thought, why not make it an option, because i heard lots of people about this.

This post was edited on 06-01-2004 at 08:07 PM by niphredil.
06-01-2004 07:50 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
there is a plugin that can remember ur status, il try and find ir 4 u
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-01-2004 08:23 PM