What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » [split] Advanced translation checking

[split] Advanced translation checking
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Greek Translation Finished
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The length of the strings in the setup and errormessages and all, can be check by using ResHack. To check this you need to open MsgPlus.exe and/or MsgPlusH.dll and edit the appropiate dialog-texts and compile the result.
no need to compile the changed dialog. you can see how it looks and then discar the changes.
quote:
You can check the setup screens in similar way, but you need to extract the MPlus3_Setup.exe first. Do this by starting up the Plus! download file and don't do anything else (so, leave it at the first screen). The MPlus3_Setup.exe is extracted to your temporary windows folder (mostly c:\windows\temp). Note that the translations are also there as m3pQc??-files and you can overwrite some translation with your Greek one and check the screens in realtime.
you can test the setup screens with reshack too, however it's more complex and doing like cookie said you'll get the best results ;)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-05-2004 09:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Greek Translation Finished
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
no need to compile the changed dialog.
yes it's needed, you need to press the "compile" button in ResHack. Otherwise your change wont be shown... ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
you can test the setup screens with reshack too
that's what I just said :p ... you need to open MPlus3_Setup.exe with reshack as this will hold the setup dialogs (maybe I wasn't clear enough in that, soz :$)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-05-2004 09:53 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Greek Translation Finished
quote:
yes it's needed, you need to press the "compile" button in ResHack. Otherwise your change wont be shown...
no no :P just tested again: open reshack and a dll, select a dialog, right click in a control > edit control, change the caption and click Ok. The changes are shown :XP::P;)

quote:
that's what I just said  ... you need to open MPlus3_Setup.exe with reshack as this will hold the setup dialogs (maybe I wasn't clear enough in that, soz )
who wasn't clear enough was me:$: I meant that you don't need to execute the setup program: You open with reshack the seup program, extract the resource that contains MPlus3_Setup.exe and (after unzipping it) open that with reshack and... the rest is already known.

btw, I thought what you meant was: start the setup program, modify one of those m3pQc??-files (the one that belongs to the proper language) and then select that language in the instalation. I've done that and works, it's a good way to test installation translations ;)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-05-2004 10:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Greek Translation Finished
lol, only 1 reply to all three paragraphs of yours: you could do that also :p

1) I meant, when you edit directly in the main screen of the dialog, you need to press "compile" ;) (I somehow think you knew that I meant that :p).... This I find much faster then always selecting a control and pressing right click, select the textbox press "ok", etc...
2) Also possible, no need to run it indeed, but I run it because:
3) I use that method too and suggested it also ;)

4) this calls for a split by now :p;):D

This post was edited on 06-05-2004 at 11:03 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-05-2004 11:01 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: