What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » HELP! Safe Web Surfing

HELP! Safe Web Surfing
Author: Message:
tbone2584

39 / Male / –
O.P. HELP! Safe Web Surfing
I am on a computer 9-5 for my job, which gets very boring sometimes so I want to surf the net. Unfortunately, i want to make sure that I am not going to get in $hit for surfing. I have a feeling that my computer connects through a proxy (i am somewhat new to technology) because i need a password to access the internet (which I have) and i heard that our network goes through a token ring...does that make sense? Anyways, apparently we are getting high speed in the office and getting rid of the token ring. Now i have been surfing online for weeks now at work with nothing said to me but i  just want to make sure that i am not going to get caught. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do, should i use an online anonymizer or something like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
06-23-2004 06:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP! Safe Web Surfing
Yes, your internet activity is most likely being logged, most admins have a system on the server to log all activity by users...But its no reason to worry, most people don't actually care...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-23-2004 07:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: HELP! Safe Web Surfing
First of all, I would advise you to think about it again. Apparently you know what you're doing is wrong, else you wouldn't have come here, asking this question. You want us to assist you with something of which you know it isn't tolerated.

Besides the fact I don't have the knowledge to help you, I wouldn't have done it either way, even if I had. I think it is wrong to do what you want to be doing, so I won't help.

I hope you can understand my point of view :)
06-23-2004 07:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: