What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problems with emoti-sounds

1 votes - 5 average   Problems with emoti-sounds
Author: Message:
PhaZEtwO

O.P. Problems with emoti-sounds
a while ago i installed messenger plus and was very pleased at the new options and functions available that make messenger more fun and functional but the other day i had a problem with my hard drive and had to install a new one. i installed msmessenger as before and messenger plus as before but now plus does not allow me to play the plug-in sounds.  before my hardware fault i had the matrix pack, worms, monty python etc working fine but now, even though i did exactly the same as before they do not work now.  in preferences i tick the boxes to " load" the packs and restart the programmes and when messenger is starting up i get the error "plugin error" "cannot read required settings, please upgrade plus!" i get this for each pack installed!  but when i go to install messenger plus i get the message NO UPDATE FOR MESSENGER PLUS IS AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT.  what has changed since last time i installed plus, which was about 2/3 months ago?  I hope ive given a detailed enough description of the problem to get an answer back from any one that can help.   thanx for any reply to this in advance
07-30-2004 12:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Problems with emoti-sounds
u should try to reinstall the plug ins.. at least one of them justo to try.

latest verion is 3.01.94 - june 2nd 2004.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-30-2004 01:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
PhaZEtwO

O.P. RE: Problems with emoti-sounds
i uninstalled all the sound the sound packs and reinstalled them a couple of times to see if tht worked but no joy
07-30-2004 01:01 AM
PhaZEtwO

O.P. RE: Problems with emoti-sounds
ah chrono... i totally uninstalled messenger plus and reinstalled it, put in the sound packs and.... hey presto!!! it works.
sorry for waisting space on forum  :P  i should have tried tht first... anyway thx m8ey
07-30-2004 01:15 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Problems with emoti-sounds
The advice Chrono gave you was not really applicable to this. As those plugins are my creation, I would have said reinstall Plus straight away.

Credit to Chrono for trying to help though.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-30-2004 09:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: