What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » MSN+ being a naughty process!

MSN+ being a naughty process!
Author: Message:
iZian

– / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  MSN+ being a naughty process!
Hey, I have MSN+ version 3.01.94 and MSN version 6.2

My problem is that while I have MsgPlus.exe running I have noticed that my program Terragen (used for rendering 3d landscapes) does not open and has error messages, yet when I end the process MsgPlus.exe terragen opens fine!

What on earth is MsgPlus.exe doing to my system if it is stopping other programs from loading!?!?!
It seems very, very strange, I know of viruses that do these things, but not MSN messenger plugins.
08-06-2004 04:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN+ being a naughty process!
Well, Messenger Plus! doesn't prevent anyone from oading, however, depending on how Terragen is made, there could be a conflict (the same kind there was for Music Match a while ago). I'll get Terragen and do a test, if I find a conflict, I'll fix it for the next version. Can you tell me what version of Terragen you are using?
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-06-2004 04:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by iZian
MSN+
You are not referring to MSN Plus, you are referring to Messenger Plus! created by Patchou. MSN Plus! is a service owned by Microsoft...below are the links so you can inspect the difference
Messenger Plus
MSN Plus
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-06-2004 04:57 PM
iZian

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN+ being a naughty process!
Terragen version 0.9.0.19

It works fine sometimes, other times it doesn't, except i have found that it works 100% of the time with plus terminated, perhaps it be coincidence, but its not big deal really, just wondered if anyone had any other programs that wont 'work'.
It seems odd that it does work sometimes when plus is running it's process, I can't for the life of me think why this is, perhaps I might do a restore and figure out if I have installed anything else that's the problem, but there don't seem to be any other unusual processes running (like any viruses that may stop terragen from running).

I just close plus when i want to use terragen thats all.

I have had problems similar to this before, but only on my PC for some reaon, perhaps it could be set up. I would probably see if anyone else with terragen pops a message up first...
08-06-2004 05:09 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'll check it out nevertheless :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-10-2004 07:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode