What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Help me get on XBOX Live...

Help me get on XBOX Live...
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Help me get on XBOX Live...
Well I bought an Xbox last year because I wanted to play Halo 2. On top of that, I wanted to play Halo 2 on Xbox Live. My problem is - I can't :dodgy: - not so far at least. Can someone help me?

I live in Canada, and so far I have not been able to find a bank that supports the use of their debit cards for age verification on Xbox Live. The other option is a valid credit card number, but my mom doesn't have one, and won't get one (don't ask why - long story :dodgy:) and I don't have one (I'm 15...). You might say "Get your friends to get one of their parent's numbers"....easier said than done :dodgy: The only thing the credit card# and/or Debit card number are used for is 'age verification' verifying someone in the houshold over 18 approves of online play on Xbox Live (and my mom does)...

I have a job and can easily afford the mear $50/year for subscription - the problem is actaully getting on Live...

Does anyone know a bank in Canada that supports the age verification or an alternate way to get on....please - someone help me :-/

Note: Please don't suggest tunnel software such as XB Connect as an alternative as it is just not the same :dodgy:

This post was edited on 09-15-2004 at 07:37 PM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
09-15-2004 07:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Help me get on XBOX Live...
get someone from a different country to help you?

edit: i wouldnt mind letting you use my card, except i dont trust you :dodgy: if there was a way i could make sure you didnt charge anything to it, id let you however in order to transfer the account over, id have to give you the last for digits, so you could get rid of any parental controls

This post was edited on 09-15-2004 at 07:49 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
09-15-2004 07:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moo

That must be really frustating! I get billed on my (mom's) credit card... didn't know there was a different way of getting billed...

This post was edited on 09-20-2004 at 08:55 PM by Moo.
09-20-2004 08:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
Doesnt any bank accept checking accounts for people under 18??

I think that just as long as the parents come to the bank and sign some forms...

Normally those type of accounts come with a Visa check card that can be used online.... and those cards come with limits so you olny spends what you have in such account....

Either way...If XBox  is only for people over 18 you shouldn't be there.... :refuck:
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
09-20-2004 09:06 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Help me get on XBOX Live...
quote:
Originally posted by Omar
Doesnt any bank accept checking accounts for people under 18??

I think that just as long as the parents come to the bank and sign some forms...

Normally those type of accounts come with a Visa check card that can be used online.... and those cards come with limits so you olny spends what you have in such account....

Either way...If XBox  is only for people over 18 you shouldn't be there.... :refuck:

:dodgy: I said that you must use a chequing account from the US :dodgy: and btw, it's not for 18+, it requires approval from someone in the house that's 18+ :dodgy:
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
09-20-2004 09:08 PM
Moo

XBL if for ppl 13+
09-20-2004 09:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend