What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Font Sizes

Font Sizes
Author: Message:
PureLoneWolf

O.P. Font Sizes
Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help me.

My sister suffers from Albinism and as such has only partial sight.

We have set her machine to use the accessibility options to increase the screen fonts., but this doesnt seem to increase them for Messenger, no matter what we do.

I wondered if anyone would have an idea how I could go about changing the 16 point font size limit that Messenger imposes.  If its a registry setting, or a hack I need to sort out.

Many thanks for anyone that can help
09-28-2004 03:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Font Sizes
As in many other applications, the whole design is fixed in the GUI. Changing fontsizes globaly will often result in cropped texts, messed up layouts, etc. in many applications.

You could hack MSN Messenger to let it use bigger fonts, but as said, the whole GUI is based upon a certain fontsize. And changing that would mess up everything. (and that goes for many many applications).

A workaround would be, instead of enlarging the fonts, is to buy a big screen (19 inch or so) and reduce the resolution. In that way, everything will be bigger also, but without the loss of Graphic User Interfaces and other things. And Windows will work just as good as before without any special adaptations...

Or, maybe the best thing you can do (but not cheap!) is to buy specialized equipment to view the screen?

This post was edited on 09-28-2004 at 04:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-28-2004 03:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: