What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » WinXPNews talking ill of our beloved extension?

WinXPNews talking ill of our beloved extension?
Author: Message:
Ein

O.P. WinXPNews talking ill of our beloved extension?
Seems so, I subscribe to WinXPNews, dunno why, but eh. Anyway check this out. http://www.winxpnews.com/?id=146

This is what caught my eye:

Send your Windows XP questions to ***

Can I Get Rid of Annoying Toolbar?

QUESTION: Help! I installed Messenger Plus and it also installed an annoying search toolbar in Internet Explorer. I'm not having any luck getting rid of it. Why does Microsoft include spyware like this? - Ben C.

ANSWER: Messenger Plus! is a third party add-on product for MSN Messenger. It is not made by Microsoft, but by Patchou. It extends your Messenger software by providing statistics about your contact list, letting you filter words from messages you send and receive, resend recent messages, search within conversations, and use advanced logging. It's a free program, and you might recall the old saying: there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. When it comes to free software, often the price you pay is getting something you don't want along with the program you do want. Although its Web site (http://www.winxpnews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=041012QC-Messenger_Plus) assures you that it doesn't contain any type of spyware or Trojan, many users have reported that the MySearchNow toolbar was installed when they installed Messenger Plus! and that the toolbar is definitely adware, if not spyware. So far, the only solution we've found is to uninstall the entire Messenger Plus! program.

Yeah.. I'm a bit miffed to, making messenger plus! look bad because some idiots don't know how to check or uncheck a box.

Oh look... forgot to take off the e-mail addy...

This post was edited on 10-15-2004 at 08:18 PM by Tochjo.
10-15-2004 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: WinXPNews talking ill of our beloved extension?
theres a thread about this already, check http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32...d=321538#pid321538
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
10-15-2004 08:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: WinXPNews talking ill of our beloved extension?
This news was already mentioned; please take a look at MSGPlus mentioned in WinXPNews.

Leaving the email address in your post intentionally - let's be honest, with the sole purpose of spamming it - is not something this forum approves of. I therefore removed it from your post, and hope you can understand that decision :)
10-15-2004 08:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: