What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » sponsor gives msgplus a bad name...so you should....

sponsor gives msgplus a bad name...so you should....
Author: Message:
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
O.P. sponsor gives msgplus a bad name...so you should....
Well anyway ive seen numerous articles about people complaining about the sponsor program.

You cant blame them for clicking yes because in most installations it asks for terms and this sponsor program looks just the same..

So anyway i think that you should find a different way in making money.. For example more ads on site and some pop ups...

Those can be annoying but at least they dont "fuck up" your computer with spyware and adaware crap...

10-19-2004 09:52 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
RE: sponsor gives msgplus a bad name...so you should....
but i don't think u can earn much from those ads... unless we click on the ads 50 or more times each per person per day then can patchou earn a decent amount of money. the sponsor at least gives more
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
10-19-2004 10:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

At the moment with the new installation, patchou has done a random page so that he can test which one is least misleading.
10-19-2004 11:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Yeah, I gotta say that Patchou has tried to make the entire acceptation page less annoying but it still is misleading to the morons who skip through installations...more pop-ups for the site won't bring in anywhere as near as much money as the income from the sponsor program, and it's only a minority that is complaining...and if they make a problem here, they'll make similar problems in other places
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-19-2004 11:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
uh... for the current installation, there is no way you can mistakenly install the sponser. if you do, you deserve it!

IMO, the choice of installing sponsor is much much better than popup while reading this forum

This post was edited on 10-20-2004 at 12:58 AM by gnownoskcid.
Cow juice...
10-20-2004 12:10 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
uh... for the current installation, there is no way you can mistakenly install the sponser. if you do, you deserve it!

IMO, the choice of installing sponser is much much better than popup while reading this forum
Just so you know these forums would be the one with popups it would be the main site. Patchou has looked into the best pays to receive payment for the software, and this was the best way. Its no ones fault if the person doesn't read when they are installing something it clearly says I dont want to install blah blah blah. If you don't read it, then it is your own fault. I don't care what anyone says thats just my views. I don't there anything needs to be changed and if you think it should, then you give your ideas that would allow Patchou to give away 4 Nintendo Game Cubes (with Plus! 2) and so on. Unless you want to give Patchou money every month to live on then then do it other then that think of where he is coming from.
10-20-2004 12:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
i like to convince my friends to install plus! beacause it is so great, but i have to make sure they dont install the sponsor or else they will blame me and make me feel bad. well at least with the new install screen it is much easier on my part

This post was edited on 10-20-2004 at 12:57 AM by gnownoskcid.
Cow juice...
10-20-2004 12:56 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: