What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can't run Messenger Plus!3

Can't run Messenger Plus!3
Author: Message:
123helpme

O.P. Can't run Messenger Plus!3
Hi man, I can't chat to people with MSN Messenger Plus! 3, It says: "It's not possible to chat with *name*. Try again.^o)
I think I need a older/newer version of msn. I got 6.2 at the moment|-).
Help please.
10-21-2004 08:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't run Messenger Plus!3
Hello this thread really should be in help and support but anyways do you have the handwriting plug-in installed?
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
10-21-2004 08:34 AM
123helpme

O.P. RE: Can't run Messenger Plus!3
I want the whole stuff installed, but I cant send/receive messages.^o) Oh, and sry for wrong boards.
10-21-2004 08:40 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I think you have the handwriting plugin installed, not having that plugin installed correctly causes the errormessages you get...to install it correctly take a look at this post: Ink/Handwriting plugin everything you need to know

This post was edited on 10-21-2004 at 09:10 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-21-2004 09:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
123helpme

Look, this is what I get:
[Image: cantstart.png]

(it means cant start conversation blahblah.
I dont got anything installed yet, and before this it said i need msn messenger 6.1.???????
10-21-2004 09:25 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Hi 123helpme,

You didn't happen to install the handwriting plug-in earlier, have you? This plug-in is known to cause problems like that when installed on Windows 98/ME or other versions that (sometimes) don't support it or when it has been installed incorrectly.

If you have, try to disable it from the Plugins section in the Preferences window by disabling it (removing the checkmark). Then reboot your computer and see if the problem is fixed.

If not, close down all Messenger related applications and remove the file MsnHandWriting.dll from your Messenger Plus!\Plugins directory, most likely the default C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins.

More information can be found at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276, it's the link Sunshine also gave. I suggest you read that, if you haven't done so.

If you do not remember installing the handwriting plug-in, it might be wise to try the solution mentioned above as well, as it may still apply to you. If this does not solve the problem, please give more detailed information (version numbers, did it happen out of the blue) :)

This post was edited on 10-21-2004 at 09:31 AM by Tochjo.
10-21-2004 09:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
123helpme

I use WinXP.. But I'm not too good at English as well.. Don't understand everything.
Oh, and I've used this Plug-In earlier

This post was edited on 10-21-2004 at 05:46 PM by 123helpme.
10-21-2004 05:45 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
I'll give you a Dutch translation then :)
quote:
Het lijkt erop dat je de handwriting-plug-in hebt geïnstalleerd. Deze staat erom bekend dit soort problemen te veroorzaken op Windows 98/ME, of andere versies (als de plug-in niet correct geïnstalleerd is).

Sluit Messenger Plus! af (Ctrl-Alt-Del en beëindig taak "MsgPlus.exe") en verwijder het bestand MsnHandWriting.dll uit de map Messenger Plus!\Plugins, waarschijnlijk de standaardmap C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins.

Start je computer opnieuw op. Mocht je dat bestand niet kunnen vinden, zoek er dan naar op je computer.

Zie voor meer informatie de Engelstalige thread die Sunshine al aangaf, http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22276.
If this doesn't solve your problem, do tell us :)
10-21-2004 05:54 PM
123helpme

Ok, it worked. But this means I can't use HandWriting... Well, too bad. I hope I'll be able to use it sometime.
10-24-2004 08:52 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
The handwriting plug-in only works on Windows 2000 (sometimes), XP and 2003. If you have any of the above, it could still work. You just hadn't installed it correctly.

You should take a look at Ink/Handwriting Plugin Everything you need to know right here if you have Windows 2000, XP or 2003 and wish to install it correctly.
10-24-2004 09:57 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: