What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Contact list on desktop

Contact list on desktop
Author: Message:
lazerfisk

O.P. Contact list on desktop
This is a really great feature :D 5 thumbs up for it. Had plans to write a program for this, and even had a beta taskbar panel to show a few selected contacts online status, but now there is no need for this any more :D

I got a few wishes/suggestions though...

1) A possibility to easily show and hide them easily, for example through the messenger tray icon. Although they are handy they can also cover stuff (for example now i didn't find the "new thread" button since they covered it)

2) A possibility to drag one contact ONTO another to "group them". Perhaps when you move your mouse over a grouped block of contacts, a tiny handle pops up on top of it allowing you to drag all of them in one round... This also solves the problem that offline contacts creates a gap in the list :)

3) For us "Desktop Design Fetischists" the options "no border" and "transparent border" would be really nice... No border simply removes it, while transparent still leaves the gap between the docked buttons :)

4) In relation to the suggestion above, a "dock padding" option to add for example 1 pixel of padding around the button

5) Also, when you dock 2 contacts togeater, can't they kind of overlap with one pixel so that the border in between them doesn't get as thick? :) Overlapping is perhaps not the best solution, but i used this word to explain how i mean :)

Besides that, this is a really great feature that i have been waiting long for :D

Cheers,
Chris
10-24-2004 03:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: