What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Conversation windows comes back in focus

Conversation windows comes back in focus
Author: Message:
Zantis

Ah ya

52 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Conversation windows comes back in focus
I seem to have an issue were the conversation window wants to be in focus.  I go to MSN Messenger and the conversation window will take back focus.  I go into Plus! Preferences and the conversation windows takes back focus.  I go into Audiator and the conversation window takes focus.  I go into the emoticon panel and the conversation windows can't leave me alone.  I keep fighting to do things in these windows and the focus always goes back to the conversation window.  My friend said he seemed to have an issue when auto-accept was on, so I turned it off and that still didn't help.

Any Ideas?

And does the Master Patchou watch these forums for issues?
10-29-2004 02:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Conversation windows comes back in focus
quote:
Originally posted by Zantis
And does the Master Patchou watch these forums for issues?
Patchou does watch the forums and post on a regular basis to issues.also spams alot, tee hee hee

Now for the window coming into focus, is there a file transfer, or anything that needs to be accepted in the window? If you close it and reopen it, does it still happen? Is it only with one contact or with multiple ones?

This post was edited on 10-29-2004 at 02:17 AM by matty.
10-29-2004 02:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Zantis

Ah ya

52 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Conversation windows comes back in focus
This is really weird...

The auto accept feature is off and nobody is trying to send me anything, the conversation window could be completely empty and still want focus.

I uninstalled plus! and reinstalled it and it still is happening.  I also noticed and forgot to put in here (this doesn't happen everytime) that when I close the conversation window it will pop back up with a new conversation window to the same contact but empty. Do I have a poltergeist in my computer?
Ok, I uninstalled everything from messenger to messenger plus to audiator.

After installing messenger and the latest messenger plus! without restoring any preferences that were saved the focus problem doesn't come back, but as soon as I restore the backup in the messenger plus preferences with the Import'/Export Wizard and just putting a checkmark on the "Import contact specific information (sounds, names, ...) then my issue comes back.  I can just see it now, I need to rename all my contacts and I have over 300 names.  Good God

This post was edited on 10-29-2004 at 03:36 AM by WDZ.
10-29-2004 02:24 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I tend to think it could be a problem with comeback messages... can you check if the contacts for whom you have a problem has a comeback message associated with him?
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-29-2004 05:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Zantis

Ah ya

52 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Conversation windows comes back in focus
I've never used the comeback message feature.  but my friend has once to me.  I used the backup wizard before I uninstalled the plus! on my computer, but when I reinstall the preferences the focus issue comes back.  Would sending you my backup be any help?  By the way, I know you get this all the time, but keep up the great work.  You truly have a great thing going here, but of course you know that. ;)
10-29-2004 05:46 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Yes, sending me your backup would certainely help. Please do so to mplus@patchou.com with a full description of your problem and precise steps about how to reproduce it. Thank you and sorry for the annoyance :). In the meantime, if you have some minutes to try disabling features one by one to try to find out which one is the cause of the problem, be my guest :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-31-2004 08:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: