What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » MSN7 - GUI Screw up - W/ & w/o Multi-format

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
MSN7 - GUI Screw up - W/ & w/o Multi-format
Author: Message:
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN7 - GUI Screw up - W/ & w/o Multi-format
Yup. TB's is exactly the bug I'm talking about. Mine's gone to the point of actually showing parts of Messenger on top of mIRC and other applications, leaving me with no choice but to restart MSN.. Havn't tried without Plus!, although Plus! appears to have stopped hooking my conversation windows recently so no commands work, I don't have the extra features button above Send, and no colours work. Contact list is displaying colour codes, too. This may be why I havn't noticed any issues since restarting MSN the last time, but it would go directly against TB's observations...
11-11-2004 08:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
* MoRiA finds GDI objects column in task manager. Woo.

MSN Messenger 7 (with Plus!) is currently using 2406, while MSN Messenger 6 on my server is using only 287.

Will try it without Plus! later...
11-11-2004 07:28 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: MSN7 - GUI Screw up - W/ & w/o Multi-format
my messenger 7 is using 4,054 :|
11-11-2004 07:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
Heh mine's on 5,956 now :P I'll test it with MsgPlus killed in a sec, now that I've finished filling out my UCAS application form at last :D
Right. I managed to get MSN's GDI count to 9997 before I noticed a GUI bug (but it was running very slowly since about 6000). Once I pushed it past 10,000 it totally crashed, the whole screen was filled with random GUI elements and I had to kill the process.

TB's findings do appear to be correct though. I just killed MsgPlus.exe, restarted msnmsgr.exe, signed in, then opened a window to each of my contacts, and closed them again. The number of GDI objects went from around 100 (with all windows closed), to around 1000 (with 15 windows open), then when I closed them all again they only dropped to about 400. It may "only" be an increase of 300, but over an entire evening of chatting that's gradually increasing until it reaches the aforementioned 10,000...
... ack... sorry to triple(!!) post, but while MSN Messenger on its own seems to have some kind of GDI leak, it's amplified greatly with MsgPlus! running...

900 with just the contact list window.
5000 with the 15 conversations open.
1300 with all windows closed again.
11-11-2004 09:04 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: MSN7 - GUI Screw up - W/ & w/o Multi-format
Tested it too, same problem. Goes up pretty fast :o, especially with the Plus! process on.
11-12-2004 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: