What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WEBCAM problem

WEBCAM problem
Author: Message:
cawi

39 / Female / –
O.P. Huh?  WEBCAM problem
:S  WEBCAM problem

HIHI...
I have problem to connecting webcam with my fds... i have try it many times.. but still cant ...
I am in a school dorms and using MSN 6.2 and my internet connection is wireless network.  I cant use MSN video and audio connection with ppl.. cause the internet connection doesnt support it but I know webcam can work.

Sometimes it will work with some of my friends from HK, but cant with some. When I was trying to connecting with them.. i can see msn is trying to connecting...
But then a message pop up ....has stopped viewing webcam with you. I have already open up some ports.. an ask they to turned off their windows XP firewall, but still no use.

Can anybody help me..?? THANKS!
11-11-2004 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: WEBCAM problem
some wireless network cards/ networkers do not allow such connections. that may be why :S ??

try configuring your webcam at messenger menu - > tools - > webcam settings
11-15-2004 06:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
daved2424

I have a similar problem. I am using Messenger 7.5 from behind a University firewall. The problem is Messenger uses certain ports for video and audio that are blocked by the University on the firewall. However, it is possible to video conference through Yahoo! Messenger as it uses different ports, but who uses that rubbish anyway?

I was wondering if it is possible to get around this by maybe forcing Messenger to use different ports for video conferencing. Any help on this would be so much appreciated.
10-02-2005 01:06 PM
epjau

I have the exact same problem! I have my own firewall setup and wireless network. I have opened all the ports I can find on the net on my firewall for MSN Messenger and still i cannot get Webcam/Audio to work. As soon as I turn off the firewall on my router it works fine. So it's definitely not the wireless network that's the issue.... It's a network port!

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT PORTS MSN USES FOR WEBCAM/AUDIO?????

11-22-2005 10:17 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by epjau
I have the exact same problem! I have my own firewall setup and wireless network. I have opened all the ports I can find on the net on my firewall for MSN Messenger and still i cannot get Webcam/Audio to work. As soon as I turn off the firewall on my router it works fine. So it's definitely not the wireless network that's the issue.... It's a network port!

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT PORTS MSN USES FOR WEBCAM/AUDIO?????

All you need to do is enable UPnP on your router.
11-22-2005 12:41 PM
epjau

UPnP is enabled! It also says that UPnP port is 2800. Do I need to enable this in my Firewall?
11-23-2005 10:21 AM
msghelpprxy

hi
Just for information for those who want to use Trillian, Yahoo, or msn at work/school with webcam and full options avaiable...

I had problem with proxy and firewall to run programs like yahoo , icq , msn messenger, irc , emails on work (ports was blocked by firewall and proxy)

Now i m using http://www.surfnolimit.com

You can access to all services and all websites !!! (like yahoo, msn messenger, icq.....with webcam and sound :-) )
You can also surf on restricted areas byy your compagny/school ... with internet explorer or mozilla firefox for example
Stream is crypted so your employers can't know where u surf :-)

Trial period is free 2 days....but for my part i m using it for month :-)
that s good :-)
07-11-2006 09:53 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: