What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » [A|:*&||;$A e-mail messages] display

[A|:*&||;$A e-mail messages] display
Author: Message:
quebi

O.P. [A|:*&||;$A e-mail messages] display
Occasionally, my e-mail messages notification line (near the top of the window) will display some strange gibberish instead of a number.  I tried to simulate it in this subject title, but those are not the exact characters.

After reading through some messages in here, I decided it might be connected to the POP3 email checker, so I turned it off.  As soon as I turned it off, the display returned to normal showing "No new e-mail messages".  Because I'm not really that familiar with the POP3 email checker (I've never received notification, even though I set it up a couple of weeks ago) I figured maybe I had some Yahoo mail, so I went to check, but I didn't have any.

To really see if there was a connection here, I went and re-enabled the POP3 checker and gave it a minute to go check.  Sure enough, the gibberish is back, with different characters, though.

Perhaps I have the wrong server in my POP3 setup (yahoo.com???).  I dunno.

I have looked into it and found out that I cannot POP my yahoo mail without paying a fee, so that's why THAT doesn't work.  It still doesn't explain the gibberish, however, although it won't matter to me anymore since I will be disabling my POP3 checker.

Sorry to waste your time.

11-12-2004 05:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: