What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] User Photos

[Suggestion] User Photos
Author: Message:
MER78

O.P. [Suggestion] User Photos
I would LOVE to see MSG Plus with some sort of User Photos management feature... with many users sometimes if you haven't spoken with someone for a long time... it's hard to remember them...

I think it would be nice if when downloading photos from another user... MSG Plus would direct that photo into a folder named so you could easily match the files with the user...  the contact name you picked maybe... or part of their email address... or some combination of both...

Currently I do this sort of thing manually... I use the person's real name then the bit before the @ sign of their email address... to help me when I have people with the same name... side note... there are way too many Chris' in this world.

So what do you all think... good idea... impossible dream??

andrew
12-06-2004 04:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] User Photos
Plugins available:

File Transfer Plus:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29489

It seems that this has the feature you want. However, it is still in Beta stage (nevertheless, seems to work very well, although has some bugs left, see the thread.)
quote:
- Option to make a different subfolder for each friend when using Auto-accept so their files will be saved there. It can be created in the default save folder or in a custom folder. The subfolder will be named as the contact's email address.

It also "replaces" the standard filetransfer from MSN Messenger with its own system (P2P) if available (aka, if your contact also has the plugin)

File Organiser Plug-in:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=17720

Small plugin which sort your files according to extension.

This post was edited on 12-06-2004 at 10:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-06-2004 10:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
RE: [Suggestion] User Photos
uh cookie, i think what MER78 meant is a plugin that automatically stores all the contacts different dp's in seperate folders on the hard disk for each contact

the plugin stuffPlugNG has a similar feature called dp stealer. It records all the different dp's you encounter and also records who the dp's belong to. The only thing it can't do is to save them automatically and sort them in folders. for this part, you would have to do it yourself if you want to use stuffPlugNG. You can get it from www.stuffplug.com
Cow juice...
12-06-2004 12:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: