What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Supporting MsgPlus

Supporting MsgPlus
Author: Message:
Adam_Laughlin

Philosopher

35 / Male / –
O.P. Supporting MsgPlus
Hi, I've recently installed the new Beta. I'd like to know if there's a way we can support MsgPlus without choosing to install the advertising targeter.

Thanks.

This post was edited on 01-17-2005 at 08:16 PM by Adam_Laughlin.
____
Adam
01-17-2005 08:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
RE: Supporting MsgPlus
Here's a link to the promotion page of Messenger Plus!.

http://www.msgplus.net/promotion.php
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
01-17-2005 08:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
Don't take this the wrong way but the sponsor will do no harm to your computer and you can uninstall it any time you want. It is also very easy to uninstall. Everytime you use the sponsor Patchou gains some money. So I think this is the best way to support plus! at this time.
AC3
01-17-2005 08:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Adam_Laughlin

Philosopher

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Supporting MsgPlus
Yes, they're very easy to uninstall. I'm always cleaning up my sister's messes [she tries to download thousands of emoticons at a time, very troublesome] through regedit and msconfig utilities. They can get very tricky.

When the ['Alpha'? idk] comes out, I'll install it all a few times to make up for opting out. Just to be sure they all go through, I'll block my IP and change my subnet a few times.

Thanks, those replies were incredibly fast.

___

Oh, I should also add, are you a "Carlito Caribbean Cool" fan? [of recent WWE fame, I'm not clear on his other ring work], your name really rung a bell.

This post was edited on 01-17-2005 at 08:40 PM by Adam_Laughlin.
____
Adam
01-17-2005 08:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fraisie
Former Super Mod

Pixie Dust!

42 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Don't take this the wrong way but the sponsor will do no harm to your computer and you can uninstall it any time you want. It is also very easy to uninstall. Everytime you use the sponsor Patchou gains some money. So I think this is the best way to support plus! at this time

If there is an option not to install the sponsor, it's because people DO have the right not to install it :P If he doesn't want to install the sponsor, I can totally understand it, and therefore, there's no need for us to pressure him with that. Thanks !
So, Fraisie.net is empty atm. I\'m trying to come up with something cool to put on it, and I will!
01-17-2005 08:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
If there is an option not to install the sponsor, it's because people DO have the right not to install it If he doesn't want to install the sponsor, I can totally understand it, and therefore, there's no need for us to pressure him with that. Thanks !

I understand Fraisie :) I was just supporting the fact that I think the sponsor is the best way to support plus!. As you said the sponsor is optional....

* _Humphreys wants Patchou's optional shirt lol.
AC3
01-17-2005 08:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: