What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
[plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list
Author: Message:
[Tin_Man]

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Sounds like a really good idea to me, would be difficult to detect the urls as seperatly if they don't have the 'http://' there, but it could be possible... Not sure, I'm not a programmer though :).

If TB can know it on the conversations windows with StuffPlug, of course Patchou can do it for the Contact list. :)
[Image: baltas.png]
02-18-2005 01:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list
It sounds like a brilliant idea, this means that you wouldn't have to open their window and send a message wating for them to send one back with the url in the name (y), which is good if you don't feel like talking to them. 8-)
02-20-2005 11:06 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
Im liking the idea.

Guess who's licking LOL:P...

I like the idea...i think if patchou sees this he will include it...

This post was edited on 02-20-2005 at 11:43 PM by Jhrono.
02-20-2005 11:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[Tin_Man]

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list
Can any plugin developer tell me if this can be done in a plugin for Plus!, or if this need to access directly at the MSN Messenger API? If this can be done with the Plus! API i could try to do it...*-)
03-01-2005 04:25 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
I'm am very positive that this can be done.... BUT I think we would need pathou to do this for us... AFAIK it wouldn't really be possible doing it as plugin, unless somebody knows some good hooking techniques and knows how to hook the menu as Patchou does when you right click a contact, the hooking part is not that hard, and putting in a new sub menu, what I thikn would be difficult (but not for patchou as he already did it) is to get what contact the user is right-clicking on... then if you have the email of the contact that is being clicked on, simply take the nickname of that contact and filter out the web pages and put them in the menu... I might be able to do this, except I am not very sure if I can get the email of the contact being clicked on....
03-01-2005 06:40 PM
[Tin_Man]

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [plus! or plugin suggestion] open links in contact list
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
I'm am very positive that this can be done.... BUT I think we would need pathou to do this for us... AFAIK it wouldn't really be possible doing it as plugin, unless somebody knows some good hooking techniques and knows how to hook the menu as Patchou does when you right click a contact, the hooking part is not that hard, and putting in a new sub menu, what I thikn would be difficult (but not for patchou as he already did it) is to get what contact the user is right-clicking on... then if you have the email of the contact that is being clicked on, simply take the nickname of that contact and filter out the web pages and put them in the menu... I might be able to do this, except I am not very sure if I can get the email of the contact being clicked on....

So, did you have any success in doing it? I have sent a PM to Patchou but appear he hasn’t read it. I really think this is a good suggestion and not a difficult thing to do, so if any one can talk to Patchou about this please do so. thanks :)
03-13-2005 09:15 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Nahh.. did a litle research, but decided that it was to difficult a task for me to do for the result to be so simple(If even possible :P).. So I would rather spend my time on other plugins/things....
I would really suggest that if any one should do this, then I guess TB (Maybe) or at least Patchou would be able to do it...
03-13-2005 09:24 PM
cyberlords

33 / Male / –
links to orkut, hi5 and other websites, is good
MSN: gabrielrc@globo.com (portuguese and english)
Suporte ao Messenger Plus em português (Orkut)
Messenger Plus Live em português brasileiro
My english... is bad, hehe
08-25-2005 10:52 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: