What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
Author: Message:
Pellishau

RE: RE: handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
quote:
Originally posted by aznohoui
The problem still occurs sans plugin.  So the problem is with the handwriting enabler, which is wisptis.exe.  OR So i think thats the problem.  Has anyone tried the new beta with journal installed and the tab hidden and not experienced any problems with dropepd messages?

I could try, if I could just find where to deactivate it.
My message tab only has:
Change font
Show emoticons
Show custom emoticons
Allow people to send me Nudges
Play winks automatically
Automatically keep a history..
Show my last conversation..
Save my conversations in this folder:

Does anyone want to try if msgplus is involved by uninstalling it while keeping handwriting?
02-27-2005 09:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aznohoui

O.P. RE: RE: RE: handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
quote:
Originally posted by Pellishau
quote:
The problem still occurs sans plugin.  So the problem is with the handwriting enabler, which is wisptis.exe.  OR So i think thats the problem.  Has anyone tried the new beta with journal installed and the tab hidden and not experienced any problems with dropepd messages?

I could try, if I could just find where to deactivate it.
My message tab only has:
Change font
Show emoticons
Show custom emoticons
Allow people to send me Nudges
Play winks automatically
Automatically keep a history..
Show my last conversation..
Save my conversations in this folder:

Does anyone want to try if msgplus is involved by uninstalling it while keeping handwriting?

I reinstalled my msn 7 after I had a problem with webcam picture delay in msn 6.  I haven't had a problem with the handwriting again.  But well my configuration is diffferent now.  I no longer have journal viewer installed and I don't have stuffplug loaded..  Wisptis.exe is no longer active but the handwriting panel is still there.  I no longer have the problem.  Maybe people who are having the problem with dropped messages or "message not delivered" errors can check and see if they are running wisptis.exe in their task list.  I think this program causes the message not delivered errors for some reason.  Its a hard to think of error, the only thing I can think of is that this program interferes with the message transfer in msn, messing with the storage of the message into an array before it is transported?  *shrugs*
03-03-2005 04:14 PM
Pellishau

RE: handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
I killed wisptis.exe from the task manager when the messages started dropping, but it didn't help. Now the process isn't running, and I can't draw in the handwriting box, but the messages still drop...
03-16-2005 09:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
All I can suggest is do not tamper with wisptis.exe. There is a reason why it is there. If you encounter problems, that's most likely because you tried to remove it. Handwriting is part of MSN Messenger 7 and can not be removed (it will not be visible if you don't have Ink Redist or Windows Journal Viewer installed though).

Also, bare in mind that if you use Windows Journal Viewer, or the bigger MS suites which have handwriting in it, that they also contain security flaws, for which there are updates.

For the record, if wisptis.exe is running here, I never had any problems on this clean, untampered and up to date Windows install.

This post was edited on 03-16-2005 at 10:04 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-16-2005 10:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
You do realise that Handwriting has nothing to do with dropped messages?

Actually yeah it does.  That wisptis.exe which is part of the handwriting plugin does in fact cause dropped messages.  Go ahead chat with someone for several hours or a few minutes and you'll get that "message cannot be delivered" error.  Find the directions on how to uninstall wisptis.exe manually, and try again (notice that when you do this the handwriting tab is removed) and you will not get these errors.

As I stated earlier this error in beta 7 is a reoccurance of another problem I had with msn6 with the handwriting plugin installed.   Back then I had to do it manually to get it working.  I had the same problem back then, until I uninstalled the handwriting plugin and removed it from plus.  To prove the fact that it is in fact the handwriting that causes this and not some other alien factor.  I am running a brand new install of windows xp.  I bought a new hard drive and installed it, it is a clean installation of windows xp.  I can prove that If i were to use version 6 (which by default has no handwriting plugin) this error does not occur.

If anyone wants to experiment with this, go ahead, be my guest.  Until microsoft fixes their wisptis.exe (handwriting plugin) I would very much like an option to disable it with plus.

Um Ive had "Message cannot be delivered" even when the Handwriting plugin was not installed. I doubt it has anything to do with it.
03-17-2005 06:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pellishau

RE: RE: handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Um Ive had "Message cannot be delivered" even when the Handwriting plugin was not installed. I doubt it has anything to do with it.

But here, messenger doesn't even try to deliver the messages, when you type it in and press send, it just says "Message cannot be delivered".
When it can't be delivered for other reasons, the message gets posted in the box, and you think it's all fine until some seconds (sometimes even minutes) later when the not delivered-message appears.

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 08:20 PM by Pellishau.
03-17-2005 08:13 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: