What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Age of Empires III - Update: Links to Reviews

Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
Age of Empires III - Update: Links to Reviews
Author: Message:
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
RE: Age of Empires III
I find all the AOE games really boring. Those type of games just dont appeal to me..

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

09-09-2005 04:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Age of Empires III
A "Press Review Copy" was released this month, and well.. I have it. I must say, it's pretty amazing even on a 64mb graphics card. The campaign (divided into three Act's) is quite easy though.

Here are some reviews (take from aoe3.heavengames.com).

IGN:

quote:
Age of Empires III is a superbly balanced and polished game and it definitely ups the ante for the C&C and 'Craft developers. Discounting a few niggles in the interface, the whole presentation is rock solid. Each new release in the Age of Empires series has added something to the mix. But while Age of Empires II seemed to focus on quantity, Age of Empires III sacrifices some units and civilizations in order to make the whole experience much tighter.

Review Link - 8.8/10

Gamespot:

quote:
Age III does seem surprisingly rough around the edges in some respects, and those expecting the game to revolutionize or even refresh this style of gaming may come away disappointed that their high expectations weren't met. But those looking for a complex and interesting real-time strategy game with fantastic good looks and some historical flavor will find just what they want in Age of Empires III.

Review Link - 8.2/10

HG/Personal Age3 Review:

quote:
If you are Ensemble Studios, you have a tough job to do. How do you create a game, a successor to what many consider the greatest RTS of all time – Age of Empires II and the next game after your mega hit series – Age of Mythology? How do you satisfy gamers on both ends? How do you go about creating a game that is not only fun to play but also brings innovation to the industry? Well friends, the answer is here and its Age of Empires III.

Review Link - 9.6/10
10-15-2005 09:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: