What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion

Suggestion
Author: Message:
Rainbow Brite

O.P. Suggestion
Hi,

It would be good if when a contact signs in and their notification sound plays that you could close the pop-up box in the corner to stop the sound/music.

Thanks,

Rainbow Brite (R)
03-05-2005 11:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by Rainbow Brite

It would be good if when a contact signs in and their notification sound plays that you could close the pop-up box in the corner to stop the sound/music.
I think i understand what u mean but the default music (The one im using in xp) is just a short one like (ding - ding) about 0.7 secs by my estimate so by the time u goto close it the music is gone and newayz the music is short so doesnt make a difference in my opinion. And if ur using a custom sound then u could make the sound shorter :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-05-2005 11:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rainbow Brite

O.P. RE: Suggestion
Sorry - I didn't really explain this very well. 

I have different songs playing for different people, I like to hear the whole 20 seconds or so normally and you can change the length of time they play for with an existing add-on (or stop them if your status is busy).  It was just that sometimes you want to be able to stop the sounds if you get sick of them whilet they are playing. 

Does anybody else think they would like this add-on or is it just me?   One of my friends agreed that she kept trying to stop the music by closing the notification box as it is intuitive but it doesn't work.

Rainbow Brite (R)
03-05-2005 11:20 AM
zebrahead

– / Female / –
I agree, I think that'd be a great addition. I too, have "theme tunes" for my different contacts but sometimes you don't want the whole 20seconds.
If the song stopped when you closed the notification box, that'd be brilliant as that is what I do to try and stop the sound anyway.
03-06-2005 09:17 PM
King For A Day

Vince Noir: King Of the Mods

35 / Male / –
yeh i hate that i have some realy long ones, mostly just random sound clips from movies etc, but i get peoepl that go in and out all the time and u cant stop it
[Image: smaller6mh.png]
03-06-2005 09:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Fredzz

37 / Male / –
that would be nice, lets say you have a 15seconds sound assigned, and that person signs in, you could right click on the notification window, and the notification would be gone and so as the sound.. but unfortunally only the notification goes away.. thats what u mean right ?
Fredzz rox00rz
03-07-2005 11:02 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: