What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » 2 New Bugs

2 New Bugs
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  2 New Bugs
I dont know what is causing the probs. The 1st one i think is cause of plus!

Custom names
I use custom names and off late when ever i change someone's custom name or i put someone's (new contact's) custom name then all the custom names dissapear :S Sometimes only some of them dissapear :S It doesnt even show the contact's online name that he typed (Even tho the contact is online) It just shows his/her email address. Even if i close the group and then re open (minimise the group) it still doesnt work :S
This time when i closed the window (minimise to sys tray) and then opened it ..... it worked sometimes even that doesnt work :undecided:
I guess this would be reported but i did so newayz. But the 2nd prob is really odd :S

Contact Removed
When i am chatting with someone, from the past 15 - 20 dayz it suddenly sayz "'XYZ' has been removed" where XYZ is the online name typed by that person. When this happened the 1st time the contact's name on my list dissapeared but i could still chat with him/her. But now when that msg appears then the contact isnt deleted from my list.
Does this happen to neone else .....
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-06-2005 05:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
RE: 2 New Bugs
I believe your second "problem" is a feature by Stuffplug-NG (tell me when a user closes the conversation) - and is caused by MSN closing the connection between both parties because of inactivity.

I could be wrong, please correct me if I am.
03-06-2005 05:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Custom names
I use custom names and off late when ever i change someone's custom name or i put someone's (new contact's) custom name then all the custom names dissapear :S Sometimes only some of them dissapear :S It doesnt even show the contact's online name that he typed (Even tho the contact is online) It just shows his/her email address. Even if i close the group and then re open (minimise the group) it still doesnt work :S
This time when i closed the window (minimise to sys tray) and then opened it ..... it worked sometimes even that doesnt work :undecided:
I guess this would be reported but i did so newayz. But the 2nd prob is really odd :S
Are you using MSNM 7.0.0425?

quote:
Contact Removed
When i am chatting with someone, from the past 15 - 20 dayz it suddenly sayz "'XYZ' has been removed" where XYZ is the online name typed by that person. When this happened the 1st time the contact's name on my list dissapeared but i could still chat with him/her. But now when that msg appears then the contact isnt deleted from my list.
Does this happen to neone else .....
This is StuffPlug-NG doing it. It means the chat session expired.

This post was edited on 03-06-2005 at 05:55 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

03-06-2005 05:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: 2 New Bugs
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
Are you using MSNM 7.0.0425?
Im using the legal public beta which ever that is. I'll check and tell u cause msn mess just shut down.

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
This is StuffPlug-NG doing it. It means the chat session expired.
Ok show isnt there a way it can only tell u when the person has closed the window. No it cant happen. But why did the contact actually get deleted :undecided:
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
03-06-2005 06:02 AM
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Ok show isnt there a way it can only tell u when the person has closed the window. No it cant happen. But why did the contact actually get deleted
they don't get deleted, the server closes the connection between you and your contact, but it gets reestablished when one party starts talking again.
Disable it if you dont like it.

This post was edited on 03-06-2005 at 06:05 AM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
03-06-2005 06:04 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Im using the legal public beta which ever that is. I'll check and tell u cause msn mess just shut down.
Lastest public beta should be the one I told you.

quote:
Ok show isnt there a way it can only tell u when the person has closed the window. No it cant happen. But why did the contact actually get deleted :undecided:
It says "[contact] is removed" when the chat session expires (I think it's 5-15 minutes after no one talks) and "[contact] has left the conversation" when someone closes the chatwindow.

It shouldn't delete anyone. By "removed" it means they have their chat window open, atm. But after that, if they close it, it won't tell you (because the chat session expired :tongue:).

Hack, hack, hack!

03-06-2005 06:06 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Lets get some things straight.
MSNM Version No:- 7.0.0425
And
quote:
When this happened the 1st time the contact's name on my list dissapeared but i could still chat with him/her. But now when that msg appears then the contact isnt deleted from my list.
1st time only it actually got deleted.
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
03-06-2005 06:25 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Lets get some things straight.
MSNM Version No:- 7.0.0425
And
quote:
When this happened the 1st time the contact's name on my list dissapeared but i could still chat with him/her. But now when that msg appears then the contact isnt deleted from my list.
1st time only it actually got deleted.
Hey, dude chill down. :undecided:

It's weird, but you'd have to wait for TB or someone else to say something about the deleted contact.

It has never happened to me, tbh. *-)

Hack, hack, hack!

03-06-2005 06:47 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
It's weird, but you'd have to wait for TB or someone else to say something about the deleted contact.
I made this thread to report the problem so that Tb could know about it and possibly fix it when he releases it but i think he has released it today already ^o)
EDIT: I didnt have a prob that the id was deleted cause i knew the person's id and ...... should i pm tb or will he see this thread 8-)

This post was edited on 03-06-2005 at 07:00 AM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

/img]
03-06-2005 06:58 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites