What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
Author: Message:
MC.POP

the DJ that hits the limitz

36 / Male / –
RE: Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
See my edited first post... thestores just don't want to lose money this time and if they're all doing the same, then they all win. I just checked EBGames again, they have different packages but all coming with 2 or 3 games! The math is simple: there will be more demand than PSP, so if you want want, you're gonna have to pay the price.
but that doesnt make sense, the company offered it for 250 then they have the choice to raise the price by adding other stuff to it and keep some on the sma eprice because then trust me none are going to pay 400-500$ thats just too much.
[Image: spidermansig5.jpg]
03-17-2005 02:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
quote:
See my edited first post... thestores just don't want to lose money this time and if they're all doing the same, then they all win. I just checked EBGames again, they have different packages but all coming with 2 or 3 games! The math is simple: there will be more demand than PSP, so if you want want, you're gonna have to pay the price.

I know, but the people that pre-ordered the PSP at $300 Canadian are (most of them at least) being forced to pay the $50 extra too.

I'm in luck bcz nobody seems to pre-order around here, but most people are VERY pissed off.

The official PSP forums is lit up with....happy....Canadians ATM :P
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
03-17-2005 02:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
I know, but the people that pre-ordered the PSP at $300 Canadian are (most of them at least) being forced to pay the $50 extra too.
wow, now that does suck a lot.... but hey, as I said, Sony and especially video game stores are just trying to profit from the situation, I bet we're goingto live the same thing next year when the PS3 will be released.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-17-2005 02:48 AM
MC.POP

the DJ that hits the limitz

36 / Male / –
quote:
wow, now that does suck a lot.... but hey, as I said, Sony and especially video game stores are just trying to profit from the situation, I bet we're goingto live the same thing next year when the PS3 will be released.

i am 100000% sure that u can still buy it with the original value pack.
[Image: spidermansig5.jpg]
03-17-2005 02:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:

Hehe ya.

And btw, Sony loses are $50 US from each PSP console itself.
I just feel sorry for all the guys stuck with the Gretzky game that don't want it (by the way, you CAN NOT trade it in. It's stamped with "NOT FOR RESALE" :|)

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
quote:

i am 100000% sure that u can still buy it with the original value pack.

What? :|

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 02:52 AM by .blade//.
03-17-2005 02:51 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Prejudice to Canada? I'm sorry, but then what's left for the dozens of countries that won't get the PSP for months/years? Get informed about how much time it takes for this stuff to arrive to regions like Latin America (and I don't necessarily mean poor countries, but those with bigger economies and large medium/high class groups) and then thank God that you just have to buy a game to get it :P

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 03:02 AM by Guido.
03-17-2005 03:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Prejudice to Canada? I'm sorry, but then what's left for the dozens of countries that won't get the PSP for months/years? Get informed about how much time it takes for this stuff to arrive to regions like Latin America (and I don't necessarily mean poor countries, but those with bigger economies and large medium/high class groups) and then thank God that you just have to buy a game to get it :P

Well those countries aren't considered large markets.

And by the way, I call it prejudice because USA and Canada ALWAYS have console/game launches at the same time with the same deals...accept this time :-/
03-17-2005 03:16 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blade
Well those countries aren't considered large markets.
...and USA is a much bigger market than Canada, so the proportion kinda makes sense.

You call it a prejudice as if they had anything against Canadians... it's a company decision (probably, in fact, by the very Canadian division, integrated by Canadians), and they have their reasons... Patchou gives some good points there.
03-17-2005 03:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: