What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin Suggestion

Plugin Suggestion
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Plugin Suggestion
The new leaked version of msn 7.0732 apprently blocks alot of file extenstions to stop virus' from spreading. These include:

.ade .adp .app .asp .bas .bat .cer .chm .cmd .com .cpl
.crt .csh .exe .fxp .hlp .hta .inf .ins .isp .its .js .jse .ksh .lnk
.mad .maf .mag .mam .maq .mar .mas .mat .mau .mav
.maw .mda .mdb .mde .mdt .mdw .mdz .msc .msi .msp .mst
.ops .pcd .pif .prf .prg .pst .reg .scf .scr .sct .shb .shs .tmp
.url .vb .vbe .vbs .vsd .vsmacros .vss .vst .vsw .ws .wsc .wsf .wsh :(

Because msn 7.0732 users can't send these extensions to version of msn. So it is there messenger that blocks them first.

So would it be possible to create a plugin that allows you to unblock certain extensions. :D

P.S I don't have msn 7.0732 i am not a beta tester i use 7.0429 before any one says (sorry if that sounded rude) :P
03-26-2005 05:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Plugin Suggestion
I'm not sure if it's just the client that stops them being sent, which it most likely is. In this case both you and your contact would need some change to their MSN Messenger to send and receive files. It could probably  be fixed with ResHack, or some kind of patch. In any case that would be illegal and both contacts would need it so here's a simple workaround;

Download and install StuffPlug-NG and enable the zip on the fly compression option, this will make the file you send in an archive that can be opened from the other side after it's sent, if your contact uses any windows version before XP they will need to download and install WinZip. If they use XP, they will be able to access the file.

Hope this helps :)
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
03-26-2005 05:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: