What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Any other Suggestions

Any other Suggestions
Author: Message:
Jacko_all

Jacko_all

49 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Any other Suggestions
A buddy of mine and I were talking about the new sounds feature of mess plus 3.50 Here is an idea to toss around...

"What would be good is to be able to upload your sounds to the server.

People visiting the site can go listen to them and preview and download the ones they want. That why you still have the ability to share your sounds with everyone and you get the ones you like unlike the current way where you hear random sounds and hope they will be good."

What do ya all think?
04-07-2005 09:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Any other Suggestions
I don't know too much about it but i thought the sounds are automatically uploaded to the server.

Also, there would be too many songs for people to go through and preview.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
04-07-2005 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Only sound moderators have access to a web based interface of the server to interfact with the sounds. Users cannot upload sounds to the server unless they are using Plus!. Because people could use it for storage or use the bandwidth for their own applications that can use the sounds.
04-07-2005 09:58 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Ah but you could invent some kind of link like per example a edonkeyhash(or w/e it's called) that downloaded the sound to plus in your computer..i say (y) for this idea if you mods go to it and think clearly about it...

And matty, like not uploading sounds...the sounds that are used are updated and remain at the server right? So people could see a list and search for sounds and with that kind of edonkeylink plus recognized it and added it to your sound lists...

This post was edited on 04-07-2005 at 10:07 PM by Jhrono.
04-07-2005 10:05 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
The custom soundfeature was never ment as a downloadbase..it's for random sounds and the possibility to send your contact small sounds (you can record your own: click add new sound and choose whatever you like to do).

What you could do is make a .plp (open soundlibrary > add new sounds > export existing sounds to create a new soundpack..then follow instructions, pretty selfexplanatory). After you've done that you can send the .plp to your friends or upload your soundpack to the Plus! soundpack DB (you can download Plus! soundpacks from there without registering and upload after registering). That way your friends can download your soundpack, next they can convert the sounds within the soundpack to separe mp3 files with the Soundpack extractor attached here, if they wish to hear the sounds before adding them to their own Plus! soundlibrary ;)

Same goes for you ofcourse, there already are several soundpacks available for download :)

This post was edited on 04-07-2005 at 10:18 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-07-2005 10:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

there's also a unique sound identifier when you edit a sound in the sound library.
04-07-2005 10:10 PM
Jacko_all

Jacko_all

49 / Male / –
O.P. Grin  RE: RE: Any other Suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Also, there would be too many songs for people to go through and preview.

I was thinking it may be better.

See if the sounds were organized into language server/databases anyone could then "shorten" the list of search and increase the server reliability.

Keeping the same sub catatgories <games, cartoons, music,etc... > or better yet expanding them would make a search even faster.

Also by keeping the server/datatbases grouped Patchou would be able to be downed by language or grouping for upgrades or service and not have a broad spectrum shutdown so nobody has sounds.:type:
04-07-2005 10:47 PM
Jacko_all

Jacko_all

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Any other Suggestions
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
there's also a unique sound identifier when you edit a sound in the sound library.

Which is why I say it would be better if we could see the registry of sounds in an organized format such a as language and classification <movies, sound effect, music, vocals, etc...>, to determine which you would like to preview and download first. So you don'thave to fart around with the random sound feature forever to get a sound you like.

Also this would give an excellent demographic set as to what clips are hot and not as well as planning future expansions.
04-07-2005 10:57 PM
bryash

I've been using Plus for some time and like the custom names feature but it always annoys me that I can't put my custom names in alphabetical order.  The order is always alphabetical to the MSN name.  Have i missed something - can it be done?  If not how about including this for the next update?
04-09-2005 06:36 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by bryash
I've been using Plus for some time and like the custom names feature but it always annoys me that I can't put my custom names in alphabetical order.  The order is always alphabetical to the MSN name.  Have i missed something - can it be done?  If not how about including this for the next update?
Its not possable because of the way the custom names feature works
04-09-2005 06:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: