What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Polygamys are all unstable

MSN Polygamys are all unstable
Author: Message:
__smooth__

– / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  MSN Polygamys are all unstable
I have tried out all Multiple MSN applications, being them plug-ins or just mere patches.

From Ghost to A-Patch, going through Mess.be's, Stuffplug's, Jrnz and the almight Universal MSN Polygamy, which has always worked for me, i have seen the NONE of these work. They are all unstable, causing the second MSN instance to crash usually after you open a conversation window. So, it seems that the famous 777 version has yet to be cracked by a WORKING polygamy app.

I hereby challenge anyone with the necessary skill to come up with a plugin (no patches, they're illegal ;) ) that is stable enough and will work with the latest version of MSN. No need for extra features, just the Multi MSN.
Anyone who has accomplished this mission, please post here :D
04-10-2005 07:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
RE: MSN Polygamys are all unstable
quote:
Originally posted by __smooth__
A-Patch

have you made sure to try out the UPDATED a-patch?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38398&page=1

it seems compatible with version 7.0.0777
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

04-10-2005 07:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
__smooth__

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN Polygamys are all unstable
yes, i tried out all the latest software from their corresponding official sites.

(PS: just to make sure, i checked the installation file and it says v. 1.1, compatible with the 777 version)
04-10-2005 09:41 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
check out cookierevised's reply i got from here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42...d=434312#pid434312

it might help you understand patching a bit better.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
fyi: of course it works fine... EVERY polygamy patch (or multi msn patch as you call it) patches the same address. There is not something like patch X is more stable then patch Y. They all patch exactly the same!!!

Well, that is, there are two different sets of addresses you can patch for polygamy, but both sets are stable though. The only conflict you can get with one of the two sets is that if you patch MSN Messenger with it, some other patches refuse to work. But this has nothing to do with the "stability" of a patch

you can search the forums for more information.

perhaps the problem is that you have more than one patch (application) for polygamy enabled at a time?

Edit: do you always try these applications out on CLEAN installs of msn?

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 10:04 PM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

04-10-2005 10:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
__smooth__

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN Polygamys are all unstable
yes, i did make sure no 2 patches were at work simultaneously and i did search the forums... that's how i came up with all those applications. So, i did read that message.
I love computers but i don't really understand coding, so wat i think is that although the code for allowing multiple instances is quite open and easy to change, that doesn't discard the possibility of there being a camouflaged code making sure one of the instances doesn't work properly, aka terminate, to protect the program from the multi MSN ability.
That's my guess, anyways...

This post was edited on 04-10-2005 at 11:10 PM by __smooth__.
04-10-2005 11:08 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
I have an idea as to what it may be...
Try turning off the 'Connect directly to contacts' in Tools>Options in both accounts, then try again.
UPDATE: Just tried it - and the second instance crashed.

This post was edited on 04-11-2005 at 02:47 PM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
04-11-2005 02:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BlackStar

I'm one of the Good Guys!

75 / Male / –
Well, this is the exactly same problem that me and all my friends are having. Trying to run two instans of MSN Messenger 7 makes one of the to just crasch, every time. I have tried Jnrzloader, MSN Shell 4, StuffPlug-NG. Same result all the time here. Note that I have not been running all instanses of these programs at the same time.

Sorry for my bad English at the moment, due to a Stroke 3 months ago.

EDIT: Strange! So this is because of Messenger Plus.
Makes me wonder if this is a "feature" coming from MS, not allowing two people being online on the same time on the same computer??
Or perhaps it is just some kind of bug?

EDIT2: Unfortunately, the new version  Messenger Plus! 3.51.128 is still not working. So I just deleted all of it so I  can have 2 Messengers running all the time. It works okay now since I deleted Messenger Plus. Very sad but true!

This post was edited on 04-12-2005 at 11:44 AM by BlackStar.
04-11-2005 06:08 PM
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
This is a problem with msgplus!.. if you kill msgplus! in the processes tab then running 2 messengers works fine... or if you re-open the messenger after it crashes, it works fine
04-11-2005 08:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: