What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Plus Sound Feature Anomaly

Plus Sound Feature Anomaly
Author: Message:
(V)oribundenVampir

O.P. Plus Sound Feature Anomaly
I have the following anomaly with my plus. It's been like this since a few days.
When I try to send a sound to someone, it won't do it and it would show me the message posted in the screenshot below.
Now, this is not permanent, sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not. It happens mostly with the sounds that the recipient yet doesn't have.

Any ideas?

.jpg File Attachment: SS019.JPG (11.79 KB)
This file has been downloaded 288 time(s).
05-27-2005 03:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plus Sound Feature Anomaly
please use the SEARCH BUTTON...this thread is exactly the same except no flaming and its right under yours...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=45360
05-27-2005 03:38 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

O.P. RE: Plus Sound Feature Anomaly
Yes, I read it. But there's no answer to my question there.
I am conscious that the server is free to all of us and everything, but I would like to receive an answer to what is happening. I want to know wether this is connected to the server itself or if this is just something wrong with my settings or some kind of connection configuration.
Did I make myself clear?

Thanks.
05-27-2005 03:42 AM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
yes...you made yourself clear...and the server is just down...its liek when your internet is down and you cant use it except its the sound server and yes...it has been happening lts lately and we hope it gets fixed soon
05-27-2005 03:47 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

Thanks for the fast reply. I really appreciate the information you just gave me. I ask you this because when the server was down, the message was kind of different. It's weird, because I can send messages that the other person already has. Anyway, if the server's down, I guess I'm feeling relief, because I know it has NOTHING to do with my connection settings, which differs with what the message said.

Thanks again :)
05-27-2005 03:50 AM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
no problem...the forums are for helping and yourwelcome...hope you stick around....and yes i want the server to be stable to:(
05-27-2005 03:53 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

Caboose said on the other thread the following:
"Although, if the server's down, I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to send any custom sounds... someone can correct me if I'm wrong."

This is what happens. I am able to send old custom sounds. So, it's just a little bit confusing. Where's the old message that used to appear before when the server's down? Mmm... anyway, it's alright now.

Thanks for letting us know the situation.
Oh, by the way, don't you think it would be great to add some kind of feature to check the server status to Plus? :)
05-27-2005 03:56 AM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by (V)oribundenVampir
Oh, by the way, don't you think it would be great to add some kind of feature to check the server status to Plus?

yeah i do agree and for the first part i think its because they are older and used more so its kind of memorized...although i might be wrong
05-27-2005 03:59 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

Well... This is easily explained if we really knew the way the custom feature works. Because I don't think (and do not expect) the sound is sent each and every time I send the sound.
There should be two instances:
a) the recipient doesn't have the sound, so the client should ask the server to download the sound
b) if the recipient already has the sound, the client wouldn't need to download the sound once again.

Now, this is the way I believe it should work. Perhaps it's the way it works!
Perhaps the client doesn't need to communicate to the server if it already has the sound, once it receives the request to play the sound, then that's enough.
Now, if the signal for the sound to be played is not client-server-client and just client-client, is the IP revealed or something? (this is an offtopic question, sorry, just curiosity)
05-27-2005 04:04 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: