What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » disabled custom emoticons

disabled custom emoticons
Author: Message:
Y.G.J

O.P. Huh?  disabled custom emoticons
I don't know what to do...

i have the lastest messenger 7.0.0813 with the lastest plus! 3.54 and i can't stop my contact from using custom emo...

but, when i close the plus! the disable custom emo from the messenger option is working - so what is the problam here

waiting for an answer
05-27-2005 11:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: disabled custom emoticons
I don't have this problem... even when Plus! is running, unchecking "Show custom emoticons"  disables custom emoticons correctly.

Do you have any Plus! plug-ins installed? :)
06-10-2005 02:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
frenzy81

I'm having this problem too now.

I have msgr 7.5.0311 and the latest Plus!
I also installed the StuffPlug NG, but I have now disabled it and restarted the messenger. And the problem is still there...

I go into the settings and disable the custom emoticons, but as soon as any of my contacts speaks to me, the custom-emoticons are back on.

So it's not the StuffPlug-plugin, and the regular MSN Messenger manages this correctly. Which means that it is probable that the Plus! is the problem.

Anyone?
01-05-2006 11:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dalai_Gabi

I today noticed that MSN Messenger + had an update for me, so I installed it. But since that install, my emoticons in the user's nicknames are only the symbols, this doesn't happen in messages I get or send neither in the personal messages.
I did try to re-install MSN and MSN mEssenger +, but none of both actually helped.
01-06-2006 12:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: disabled custom emoticons
quote:
Originally posted by Dalai_Gabi
I today noticed that MSN Messenger + had an update for me, so I installed it.
It is not "MSN Messenger +", "MSN Plus!", or whatever. MSN and/or Microsoft has got nothing to do with Messenger Plus!. And in fact MSN Plus is a totally different existing product. It is "Messenger Plus!" or "msgplus" or simply "plus!".

quote:
Originally posted by Dalai_Gabi
But since that install, my emoticons in the user's nicknames are only the symbols, this doesn't happen in messages I get or send neither in the personal messages.
I did try to re-install MSN and MSN mEssenger +, but none of both actually helped.
This has always happened, this isn't anything new with the update you've installed.

When you turn on custom display names in Messenger Plus! you aren't able to see the emoticons in nicknames anymore as this feature will actually turn on "view by email" in MSN Messenger. And emails can't have emoticons in names thus they aren't converted to images anymore by MSN Messenger.

This post was edited on 01-06-2006 at 04:49 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-06-2006 04:47 PM
frenzy81

Anyone have an answer for me too?

I'm going crazy here, with my 11 year old cousin who has converted the entire alphabet into custom emoticons :(

I NEED to disable this...

(Edit: I have now removed the plugins I had, and reinstalled MSN Messenger and Plus! - and still have this problem)

This post was edited on 01-08-2006 at 12:27 AM by frenzy81.
01-08-2006 12:26 AM
frenzy81

Up!

I upgraded to MSN Messenger 7.5.0322 today, and now I see the actual text for appr. 0.5 seconds, before the particular text is converted into custom emoticons...
01-19-2006 01:10 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: