What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » A-Patch Plugin

Poll: Would you like to see A-Patch as a plugin?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
A-Patch Plugin
Author: Message:
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  A-Patch Plugin
I would really like to see this for several reasons...

1. A-Patch is a Hard-Patch and Hard-Patches are illegal, but a Soft-Patch is not. So if you make A-Patch a plugin, It would be 100% legal :)

2. Did you ever remove a option, and you reget it later, so you have to install msn again, and patch it again, but you forget what options you used and you have to do it a couple of times just to remove one thing?
With a Soft-Patch you could remove it, restart messenger and voila, it's done...

3. Some people are really afraid of patches they think that if they mess something up, they wrecked the computer, with a Soft-Patch, you can undo things with the click of a button...

I'm sure you are thinking this is hard to do, sure. But I'm positive that if Ahmz055 works together with some of the Plugin Developers here, that you can make it work.

This post was edited on 05-30-2005 at 05:29 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

05-30-2005 05:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: A-Patch Plugin
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=44...d=461180#pid461180
this is the closest you'll get to using a-patch on a soft way.

but to be honest, i don't see no real need in it.
1. being illegal won't stop you from using it.
2. how many times would you have to do that? once.
3. that's not an excuse to not use a patch :| any good definition of a patch tells you it doesn't kill your pc.
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I'm sure you are thinking this is hard to do, sure. But I'm positive that if Ahmz055 works together with some of the Plugin Developers here, that you can make it work.
he did it alone in his loader (i think, no credits mentioned in the thread), so why would it be that hard? :p

This post was edited on 05-30-2005 at 05:33 PM by Millenium_edition.
05-30-2005 05:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I like the idea of changing your settings :P
05-30-2005 06:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
You don't have to reinstall MSNM. Just restore the back up. Close down MSNM, choose restore backup in A-Patch and it will do it for you. Exactly the same way you described without the A-Patch bit.

I think he might be adding a feature that will remember your settings. He seemed to really like it when I put it forward.

This post was edited on 05-31-2005 at 06:10 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
05-31-2005 06:06 AM
uberdosis

digital evil

37 / Male / –
Stupid idea imo.
[Image: skav.jpg]
05-31-2005 09:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis
Stupid idea imo.
That's why you have a -17 rep :P

All jokes aside, I think it would be a pretty good idea! Good luck to Ahmad if he chooses to make this.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
05-31-2005 09:40 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
1. A-Patch is a Hard-Patch and Hard-Patches are illegal, but a Soft-Patch is not. So if you make A-Patch a plugin, It would be 100% legal :)
Not exactly. Hard-patches are indeed mostly illegal, but so are soft-patches. Only the are less illegal... If illegal would be black and legal white, then soft-patches are grey ;)

quote:
2. Did you ever remove a option, and you reget it later, so you have to install msn again, and patch it again, but you forget what options you used and you have to do it a couple of times just to remove one thing? With a Soft-Patch you could remove it, restart messenger and voila, it's done...
You don't need nessecairly a soft-patch for it though. A well programmed hard-patch can do it just as well.

Iether way, when patching resources, and that is mostly what A-patch does, you can't simple turn it on/off "on-the-fly" like some preferences in a program. Resources need to be changed before they are loaded by the program. After that you can change it all you want it wont make a difference. In other words, most things A-Patch (and other patches like that) does can't be turned on/off without restarting MSN Messenger...

And that is exactly what Ahmad's loader does. It _is_ a soft-patch, but to change something you need to restart MSN Messenger again of course, it can't be done "on-the-fly".

quote:
It's very easy to do actually (the loader that is) ;)

To make it into a plugin and turn options on/off on the fly is impossible because of the above reasons.

This post was edited on 05-31-2005 at 10:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-31-2005 10:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: