What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » 2 suggestions about PS & Chat Logging

2 suggestions about PS & Chat Logging
Author: Message:
Manix123

O.P. Grin  2 suggestions about PS & Chat Logging
Hey Patchou,

first I'd like to thank you for your god-made job! Your add-on really rocks and is really useful.

But I still got 2 little(very little, well, I think) suggestions.

I'll start with the one about the Personalised Status:
In the preferences, you got the option to shorten the nickname to a number of characters when the PS is activated. But you know, I never use the same PS tag... So sometimes I need to shorten more or less my nickname. I think it would be cool to have an "Auto Adjust" option so that it shorten the nick to the perfect number of characters so that the PS tag can be handled and so the nick isn't too shortened that needed. I think the calculation would looks like that:
(Nb of max characters allowed) - (Nb of PS tag characters) = (Nb of characters allowed for nickname so it fits correctly)

Then,  my second suggestion is about Chat logging. I like more yours than the MSN default one but I'd like one thing: to have the option to choose how many characters you want in each line before the word wrap acts. I mean, without the word wrap, lines are definitively sometimes too long, so it's annoying. But with it, I find them too short :$. If it would be possible to choose the amount of characters before word wrap, I think my head will simply explode and I'll love even more your chat logging ;).

Thank you in advance for taking time to read my suggestions,

Manix

This post was edited on 06-10-2005 at 05:10 PM by Manix123.
06-10-2005 05:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
RE: 2 suggestions about PS & Chat Logging
meh...i like both ideas(Y)
06-10-2005 06:17 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I like them too search advance log viewer so things may be a bit more clearer, i'm not quiet sure if it shows you your custom word wrap :S
06-10-2005 06:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
I use Messenger Plus! Log Viewer by lopardo It's a great tool and you can customize how the logs appear.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-10-2005 06:23 PM
Manix123

O.P. RE: 2 suggestions about PS & Chat Logging
Thank you monster.rat for the program but it is kinda old now :P and as said on the site it's still in beta.... Here because I have the truncate long names it doesn't even seperate the participants.... Anyway thanx again it still isn't bad.
06-10-2005 06:58 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: