What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Portal/CMS systems...

Portal/CMS systems...
Author: Message:
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

36 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Portal/CMS systems...
Hi,
I recently started using the phpnuke portal/cms system on my clan website, however, with only two weeks use, I, and my members are already experiencing major bugs with it (some members can't get onto certain parts, or have limited functionality, and it is also generally, very slow).

I am now looking to change for something different, so I am asking around for advice on other cms/portal solutions - please note that whichever one I use, I will need to have forums. Whether this is done by an integration mod, or they are pre-built into the system, idc.

I have looked at Mambo, which looks pretty good, except information on forum integration seems a bit sketchy. phpBB2 is apparently unsecure as a Mambo integration, SMF is better, but still not brilliant, and (to my knowledge) there is currently no MyBB integration available.

I have posted questions about postnuke, on the postnuke forums, however, in 2 days I have had no replies, so it seems support for postnuke is non-existant. lol

I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with CMS/Portal solutions, and can recommend which ones are good/nott so good, and which ones work good with what forums, etc.

Thanks. :D
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
06-17-2005 02:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: