What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [STILL NO HELP]Can't access network

[STILL NO HELP]Can't access network
Author: Message:
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. [STILL NO HELP]Can't access network
OK, I'm currently trying at my junky laptop, I've reinstalled it several times due to the problem I've posted before, but now I can't access my PC on the network. It says: "You can't access \\computer. Maybe you don't have enought privilegies...." (sorry if its different on XP Eng, but you know what Im talking about), that's on one user, on another one (mine) i CAN access. Both computers have the same users and passwords. Why I can't?

I'm going to have a lan party soon... so, if the users are the problem... its going to be really difficult for my friend PCs to connect to the server?

This post was edited on 09-05-2005 at 04:42 PM by YottabyteWizard.
06-23-2005 02:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: Can't access network
Are you saying that the laptop can access one computer and not another? Or can it not access a computer that the other one can?
If it's the first scenario, it may pay to check your firewall settings on the computer you can't access. If the firewall is enabled, make sure the 'File and Printer Settings' is checked under the exceptions tab.

There may not necessarily be any problem playing games, it seems your computers can all see each other
06-23-2005 03:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Can't access network
Well, they don't appear at Network Places.... so i just try to access directly via \\computer. The problem is in the laptop (i think) there are 2 users, my dad's and mine, on my PC there are 3 users: Mine, my dad's and my bro. The same user names. In the laptop my dad's user can't access the files on the other computer, but my user can.
As you can see the network configuration (IP and all of that) is correct, i just need the computers to access the files because I will have the games cracked on my computer for the Lan Party.

This post was edited on 06-23-2005 at 03:31 AM by YottabyteWizard.
06-23-2005 03:30 AM
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: Can't access network
Sorry, I misread your original post..

They could be on different workgroups? Do a quick check under the 'Computer Name' tab in your system properties.
06-23-2005 04:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Can't access network
Now problem is back again, this problem my other computer can't access this one, but this one CAN access the other computer. This happened just after I reinstalled windows in this computer and used the same configurations from before.

Here's the msg in spanish, i hope somebody understands it or at least know what I'm talking about and/or what's the problem:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=528281]

.jpg File Attachment: neterror.JPG (24.59 KB)
This file has been downloaded 197 time(s).
09-04-2005 05:11 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: