What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split] wtf is a .rcl file type?

[split] wtf is a .rcl file type?
Author: Message:
blackbean

O.P. RE: RE: wtf is a .rcl file type?
On a related note I use *.rcl files for EasyMediaCreator cd layouts but for some reason windows reads them as system files & prompts me every time I need to move a *.rcl elsewhere, this is a REALLY annoying nag that I've posted to the Roxio board with zero response, I've attempted to change the file settings under Folder options\file types to no resolve & even deleted the file type altogether & reentered it, but nothing I've tried has fixed the issue of windows seeing this as a system file, I'm out of ideas, any takers?

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
RCL seems to be a playlist file of EasyCDCreator* and on other pages they say it is a project file of EasyCDCreator*...

Anyways, you can convert RCL files with many programs...
A google search will help...
Eg: Acoustica Audio Converter Pro

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
used to have it...doesnt work with my windows tho...meh thanks guyz...you may delete this thread
you can delete a thread yourself by deleting the first post

* EasyMediaCreator uses those files also...

06-23-2005 11:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [split] wtf is a .rcl file type?
quote:
Originally posted by blackbean
On a related note I use *.rcl files for EasyMediaCreator cd layouts but for some reason windows reads them as system files & prompts me every time I need to move a *.rcl elsewhere, this is a REALLY annoying nag that I've posted to the Roxio board with zero response, I've attempted to change the file settings under Folder options\file types to no resolve & even deleted the file type altogether & reentered it, but nothing I've tried has fixed the issue of windows seeing this as a system file, I'm out of ideas, any takers?
This has in fact nothing to do with the file type RCL and thus changing anything regarding the file type will not work at all.

It has to do with the individual file properties. Make sure the files in question aren't marked as "system files" in the file properties dialog (right click the file name and select properties).

Also check the options in EasyMediaCreator, it could be possible that the program has an option to set/unset file properties and thus set the system property for RCL file.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-23-2005 12:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: