What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Desktop contacts: 'hide offline' doesn't work on startup

Desktop contacts: 'hide offline' doesn't work on startup
Author: Message:
vor0nwe

48 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Desktop contacts: 'hide offline' doesn't work on startup
I’ve set Plus! to hide all offline contacts.  This works fine when I press the ‘Apply’ button :), however it doesn't work when I next restart my computer.
I have to open the Plus! preferences window, and in the 'Contact List/Desktop contacts' section, uncheck and re-check the 'hide all offline contacts' check box, and click 'OK'. Note that the preferences window did remember the 'hide offline contacts' properly; it just doesn't do it when starting up... :S
  • I’m using MSN Messenger 7.0.0813 with Messenger Plus! 3.54.132, on Windows XP (5.1; build 2600.xpsp2.050301-1526 : Service Pack 1).
  • I’ve looked through this forum board, but couldn’t find this specific bug reported before.
Hoping it can be fixed, and kudos to Patchou for a fine (Y) piece of software!
06-27-2005 11:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: Desktop contacts: 'hide offline' doesn't work on startup
Have you tried organising your contacts as covered in this topic here? It has nothing to do with the bug you mentioned, but perhaps it may provide a different solution to your problem - hope it helps :)
06-27-2005 12:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Do you also have the problem when you just exit Messenger and launch it again? same thing if you just sign-out and sign-in again?

I'm trying to reproduce the problem, thank you for giving me as much information as possible.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-29-2005 04:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vor0nwe

48 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Desktop contacts: 'hide offline' doesn't work on startup
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Do you also have the problem when you just exit Messenger and launch it again? same thing if you just sign-out and sign-in again?
In both cases (shutting down Messenger and Sign-out/sign-in), the same bug occurs.

I've now also noticed that the individual layout settings (most notably: transparency) of the offline desktop contacts aren't being set properly. I need to hover my mouse over them to get them back to the proper transparency level.
The online desktop contacts, on the contrary, are displayed properly, with the correct transparency.

Here's my desktop contacts setup:

[Eugene] [Wijnand] [Pieter]
[Job] [Maarten] [Laura]

where the default settings are:
* Not always on top
* Not locked
* Transparency: 60%
(the other settings are still the installation default)

Individually, only [Eugene] and [Wijnand] are always on top, the others are not.

Let me know if you need other info.
quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
Have you tried organising your contacts as covered in this topic here?

Thanks for the reply, multimillion2k (nice avatar BTW ;)), but that's not going to help me; I was talking about Plus!’s Desktop Contacts.  The topic you mention only talks about the contacts in Messenger’s Main window (the Contact List), which I never have open — that’s actually the reason I like the Desktop Contacts to much!  :)
06-30-2005 09:37 AM
vor0nwe

48 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'm trying to reproduce the problem, thank you for giving me as much information as possible.

I just realized what could be the problem: I'm running Dexpot, a virtual desktop manager. :$

I’ll be back after some tests... :^)
06-30-2005 12:21 PM
vor0nwe

48 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by vor0nwe
I just realized what could be the problem: I'm running Dexpot, a virtual desktop manager.

That's definitely the one: when I exit Dexpot, the problem doesn't occur anymore. *-)
Also, when I switch from one desktop to another, all desktop contacts appear, even the offline ones. It would appear Dexpot does something to the Desktop Contact windows that MsgPlus can't handle.

Ah well... :(
06-30-2005 02:53 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Your desktop manager probably messes up with my windows, there's nothing Plus! can really do about it, sorry about that. This kind of problem unfortunately often happens with badly designed programs and programs like Plus! that rely on the Windows standard heavily suffer the most from it.
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-30-2005 08:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: