What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » a few small suggestions

a few small suggestions
Author: Message:
Loser_523

33 / Male / –
O.P. a few small suggestions
I just have a few suggestions that I think would improve the Messenger Plus! addon a bit.

My first suggestion is some sort of automatic font sharing. MSN already has automatic background sharing, a file sharing feature, the ability for users to copy the emoticons that other people have used, and MsgPlus! has now introduced the automatic custom emoticon sound sharing. To go with all this, I would suggest implementing an automatic font sharing feature, so when you enter a conversation with another MsgPlus! user who doesnt have the font youre currently using, they would automatically download and install the font, or get the option to do so.

Another suggestion would be to add the option to change the automatic answering machine responce (when you change your status to away, and then just add the information manually instead of creating a custom status) instead of having to retype the whole message over again if you made a mistake in the message or the filtering or the Be Back time.

I cant remember the other suggestions i had, so I'll just post these two for now. I hope I can recieve some positive feedback about them. :) thx
06-30-2005 07:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
multimillion2k

– / Male / –
RE: a few small suggestions
The idea of automatic font sharing has been discussed before - you can read about it here.

For your answering machine response,  there is a personalised status so you can use preset automessages if you use them a great deal. This may not really solve your problem, but as they are preset you can easily change them in the preferences.
OR - You could always use cut & paste to copy your original message - that saves you retyping the whole thing 8-|

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 11:07 AM by multimillion2k.
06-30-2005 11:06 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
----------------------
Original post stripped cause multimillion2k already said everything (y)
----------------------

EDIT: Wow, I'm heaps too late (I need to refresh my pages more often and before I start to write stuff :P), anyways:
quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
(...) but as they are preset you can easily change them in the preferences.
Or load them up in the personalised status screen which pops up and change them temporarly... ;)

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 11:36 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2005 11:29 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
quote:
Originally posted by Loser_523
My first suggestion is some sort of automatic font sharing. MSN already has automatic background sharing, a file sharing feature, the ability for users to copy the emoticons that other people have used, and MsgPlus! has now introduced the automatic custom emoticon sound sharing. To go with all this, I would suggest implementing an automatic font sharing feature, so when you enter a conversation with another MsgPlus! user who doesnt have the font youre currently using, they would automatically download and install the font, or get the option to do so.
sorry but that feature would just be plain annoying, think.....somebody just downloads plus!, finds out they have the feature and bugs everybody in there contact list with "font sharing"
Please don't discuss this here, continue discussion about this "feature" here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=43649
to prevent creating another thread with all the same arguments over and over again ;)

This post was edited on 06-30-2005 at 11:39 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2005 11:38 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: