What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Webcam plugin?

Webcam plugin?
Author: Message:
zpivat

O.P. Webcam plugin?
Hi,

I am trying to see if it's possible to create a plugin such that if it detects that a webcam stops, it automatically sends a webcam request?

Let me illustrate this: for instance, suppose I was chatting with someone, and his webcam shuts down for any reason (i.e: I get the "so and so has stopped viewing webcam with you"). So, I want the plugin to detect this and automatically send a request for him to start his webcam again.

In addition to the above, it'd also be nice if I could also choose how many seconds after detection the plugin should send the request.

Is such a plugin doable?
07-29-2005 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Webcam plugin?
I dont know if this is possible, not being a programer myself, but I believe that not many people will do this. The reason [and I may be wrong] is that they would need to find a way to make sure this sodes not go off during a normal conversation with noone currently using their webcams...this would probably be quite hard...and if they want their webcam closed the invitation will keep sending...
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
07-29-2005 03:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: