What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » About Anti-Boss protection

About Anti-Boss protection
Author: Message:
SuNcO

45 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  About Anti-Boss protection
Well this is not a bug, is a suggestion

To me, is important the anti-boss protection, so i have some suggestions

When i change to anti-boss mode with Ctrl+Spacebar, the Msn closes and change the icon. That's ok

1 - I want to change too the ToolTipText to one that i choice
2 - If somebody click twice on the icon, it runs an aplicattion, just like you can change the icon, can change the application. In my sample, i choice the volume icon so i can with double click open the volumen properties or control panel etc.. maybe can set 10 options by default or something like that
3 - Returns to normal mode if i press Ctrl+Spacebar again
4 - Maybe you can set 10 icons to choice, because some persons maybe don't know how to choice an icon
5 - Why not change the icon when i'm not connected ? (not the status, disconnected totally)

Of course, is just a suggestions for a normal user (Y)

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 03:53 PM by SuNcO.
09-01-2005 03:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: About Anti-Boss protection
quote:
Originally posted by sunco
Well this is not a bug, is a suggestion

To me, is important the anti-boss protection, so i have some suggestions
Suggestions should go in "Messenger Plus! General Talk" ;)

------------------------------------

quote:
1 - I want to change too the ToolTipText to one that i choice
2 - If somebody click twice on the icon, it runs an aplicattion, just like you can change the icon, can change the application. In my sample, i choice the volume icon so i can with double click open the volumen properties or control panel etc.. maybe can set 10 options by default or something like that
Good suggestions, although I don't see the point in having 10 options to choose from.

quote:
Don't see the real usefullness here, except for being convenient for some.

quote:
4 - Maybe you can set 10 icons to choice, because some persons maybe don't know how to choice an icon
I don't agree, 10 icons to choose from is bloated and not needed at all.

Also, "(click to change)" is pretty obvious too me. Although the small dialog window to give the path to the icon, could maybe be a bit more userfriendly with an build-in extraction function so the user can choose icons from a dropdown list instead of providing the icon resource number by themselfs (if a icon lib is selected).

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 04:01 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2005 03:58 PM
SuNcO

45 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: About Anti-Boss protection
quote:
Good suggestions, although I don't see the point in having 10 options to choose from.

Well, the 10 options is because you maybe don't whant an exe file, maybe like me, you want the Volume dialog and the exe file ? If you put the WinZip icon then you choice the winzip.exe but if you choice the Volume icon ? What exe you choice ?

quote:

And if my boss or another people come and click twice to the icon ? In that case the Msn icon appear again, but i want to not appear, i want to run the application that i choice
09-01-2005 04:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Well, the 10 options is because you maybe don't whant an exe file, maybe like me, you want the Volume dialog and the exe file ? If you put the WinZip icon then you choice the winzip.exe but if you choice the Volume icon ? What exe you choice ?
the one which starts the volume control panel (sndvol32.exe). There is no need to have multiple choices build-in as each users most likely wants his own choices and it is in no way possible to add all the thousands possebilities. A simple textbox to put the path in to the program you want to use should be sufficient and give the user the best choices; their own...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
And if my boss or another people come and click twice to the icon ? In that case the Msn icon appear again, but i want to not appear, i want to run the application that i choice
And what if he knows about msgplus and ctrl+space? Though, it could be an option to choose which you want to use or if you want that double clicking should start the selected program or open MSN Messenger again. In that way, it is usefull, but you didn't mention that at first so I interpretted it as adding to the already existing double click :p

This post was edited on 09-01-2005 at 04:28 PM by CookieRevised.
09-01-2005 04:23 PM
SuNcO

45 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: About Anti-Boss protection
Ok ok, i don't know than sndvol32.exe shows the volume dialog, i think is more hard

But my point is that some dialogs is hard to know how it appears. The 10 choices is just an sample and of course, you can choice one of that 10 choices, or your own

The 10 choices is not notepad.exe, mspaint.exe, i think in "Show screen properties" wich is "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl" or "energy option2 is rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL powercfg.cpl

Of course, just a small samples. In fact you can run it just with desk.cpl and powercfg.cpl

The Ctrl+Space is just a sample, you can choice another combination

If that idea not like you, maybe anoter person waht too.. anyway, at least the tooltiptext and run another apllication i think is good suggestions
09-01-2005 04:37 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
under general options >misc. there is an option to reset status, you couldnt actually set it to the same as boss protect but setting it does what you want. ie press ctrl+home reopens msn.
09-02-2005 03:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: About Anti-Boss protection
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
under general options >misc. there is an option to reset status, you couldnt actually set it to the same as boss protect but setting it does what you want. ie press ctrl+home reopens msn.

that's not what he wants though...
09-02-2005 08:23 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: