What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » (!WAT) command duplicates other text

(!WAT) command duplicates other text
Author: Message:
Bludjinni

O.P. (!WAT) command duplicates other text
I'm experiencing problems using (!WAT) in quick commands..

I like to use quick-commands (alt+1, alt+2, etc), and I always put the text "Currently Playing: (!WAT)" on alt+1. The problem however is that it will duplicate any text in the alt+X command containing (!WAT). Thus, "Currently Playing: (!WAT)" becomes "Currently Playing: Currently Playing: (!WAT)". "TEST (!WAT) TEST" becomes "TEST TEST (!WAT) TEST TEST".

If I use other tags, such as (!FB) in combination with (!WAT), it won't work, because "(!FB) (!WAT)" becomes "(!FB) (!FB) (!WAT)", canceling the effects of (!FB)...

But if I use a quick command that does not contain the tag (!WAT), there's no problem whatsoever.. And if I just type in "TEST (!WAT)" in the screen and hit enter, it will view the text correctly, as well..

:^)

I have Windows XP (home edition), MSN 7.5 and the newest Plus version, if that's of any help.. I didn't have the problem previously, I suppose it's because of MSN 7.5..?

This post was edited on 09-21-2005 at 10:52 PM by Bludjinni.
09-21-2005 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: (!WAT) command duplicates other text
Msgplus isn't fully compatible with MSN 7.5 yet.

A compatible version will be released next week.

This post was edited on 09-21-2005 at 11:19 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

09-21-2005 11:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Bludjinni

O.P. RE: (!WAT) command duplicates other text
I upgraded to the new PLUSversion. And I still have the problem..
10-06-2005 08:03 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
What version of Winamp are you running?

Because I cannot reproduce this at all.

I am running:
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0306
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.61.0145
Winamp: 5.094

If I set quicktext to be "TEST (!WAT) TEST" (without the quotes) and have it on Alt+4 key combination then the results I get are "TEST %Artist% - %Songname$ TEST"
10-08-2005 05:56 AM
Howie Kaluha

I'm running XP Pro, MSN Messenger Live Beta, and Msg Plus Beta 4.0

I'm having a nearly identical issue and hope this is the best place to post regarding it.

I have my tag Ctrl + 1 setup to post my "what i'm listening to" quick text. And I'm using the latest version of Winamp.

I'm listening to (!WAT).............that's what the quick text is setup as. But when I use the quick tag for it, I see " I'm listening to (!WAT)". It doesn't show the artist or song. Is this quick text not compatible with plus beta 4.0?
05-31-2006 02:54 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: (!WAT) command duplicates other text
quote:
Originally posted by Howie Kaluha
I'm running XP Pro, MSN Messenger Live Beta, and Msg Plus Beta 4.0

I'm having a nearly identical issue and hope this is the best place to post regarding it.

I have my tag Ctrl + 1 setup to post my "what i'm listening to" quick text. And I'm using the latest version of Winamp.

I'm listening to (!WAT).............that's what the quick text is setup as. But when I use the quick tag for it, I see " I'm listening to (!WAT)". It doesn't show the artist or song. Is this quick text not compatible with plus beta 4.0?

(!WAT) is a command of the WinAmp plugin for Messenger Plus!. Since this is a plugin and since plugins are replaced by scripts in MP!L, this command isn't recognised. In short: it isn't supported. ;)

In fact, we don't support leaked beta's of Messenger Plus! Live. It wasn't meant to be released to the public, so you're using it on your own risk. If you're having problems with it, we can't help you. I recommend you to downgrade to MSN Messenger 7.5 with Messenger Plus!. You may be happy I helped you after all! :P

This post was edited on 05-31-2006 at 05:25 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-31-2006 05:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Since there was a little bit of wrong information in the above post I will correct it.

(!WAT) was a built in command into Messenger Plus! 3. However with the release of Messenger Plus! Live it was not a priority to add it back in. Thus the version you are using does not have the capabilities.

As well Messenger Plus! Live will be publically released soon. check this thread for more details : Messenger Plus! Live Public Beta?
05-31-2006 06:15 PM
Howie Kaluha

OK, thanks for the help. Guess I'll just have to be patient for the full versions of Live and Plus Live :P
05-31-2006 11:33 PM
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: (!WAT) command duplicates other text
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Since there was a little bit of wrong information in the above post I will correct it.

Thanks! :P
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
(!WAT) was a built in command into Messenger Plus! 3.

Never knew about that feature, I thought you needed an extra plugin to display it! But since I don't have WinAmp, I can't test it... :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
06-01-2006 04:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: