What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » AI after F1 - Motorsport

AI after F1 - Motorsport
Author: Message:
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
O.P. Wink  AI after F1 - Motorsport
A1 racing ..whats your opinion..?  http://www.a1gp.com

After watching F1 race between unequal team..at last you have something to cheer about!. Equal terms and chance to cheer your country (y)
09-24-2005 01:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
hexel

May 'the Google' be with you!

35 / Female / –
RE: AI after F1 - Motorsport
I don't see Estonia participating, so.. I'll stick to WRC (depends of what Markko eill do though) and perhaps watch F1 every once in a while.

This post was edited on 09-24-2005 at 01:22 PM by hexel.
09-24-2005 01:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
So it won't be like F1 when Michael Schumacher wins day in day out. :O I might watch this.
AC3
09-24-2005 02:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
I have heard a few things about this before but no real details. This is really the only "fair" race which tests the drivers, not the mechanics. I think I may watch a little of this as well.

Btw @ Carltos, Shumacher hasnt been dominating as much lately from what I have seen (not much). I think F1 is becoming fairer as well because they often introduce new rules/regulations etc
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

09-24-2005 03:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

35 / Male / –
Im not sure about this A1 GP thing. Seems like a good idea in a way, but from what I have heard, it is nothing more than a spin-off of Indy cars...

The opinions of many I have talked to it about, the reason F1 is "boring" (although this year has been pretty good), is because the teams keep overtaking via the pitlane.

ie: Guy in front goes into pits. Put in 3-5 very quick laps, and make your own stop. Voila, your in front.

Some modern drivers seem to be overtaking in-tolerant.

I don't think having a constructors championship is bad. It adds an extra element of surprise there, and makes it more worth winning for the underdogs (eg: Renault v McLaren). On the other hand, it doesn't always test the driver. As an example, Raikkonnen in the McLaren, is very fast, but 90% of that speed is the car. I remember him going nowhere at Sauber, so he isn't THAT quick-a-driver.

I would like to see them do a Touring car style setup - 1st place of last race starts with additional ballast, and last starts with less ballast. Also start on a reverse grid. That way, even if you had someone like Schumacher who was extremely fast, they still have to fight through the grid, giving plenty of overtaking. :)

This post was edited on 09-24-2005 at 05:01 PM by Fourjays.
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
09-24-2005 04:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: AI after F1 - Motorsport
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
So it won't be like F1 when Michael Schumacher wins day in day out. :O I might watch this.

Schumaher has only won once this year, and that was in Indianapolis :P
[Image: signature.php]
09-24-2005 05:02 PM
Fourjays

Jaguar E-Type

35 / Male / –
Like to add that I think A1GP is already dooming its future, by being on pay-for-view channels only (ie: BSkyB)...

There are more people who don't have Sky and such, than do.

F1 proved that it doesn't work, when the FIA released an F1 channel on Sky. It lasted 2 years and had losses in the millions...
[Image: msgsig7yx.jpg]
A new range of internet based services... Coming Soon(ish)! - www.fortheinter.net
09-24-2005 05:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: