What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Just some questions

Just some questions
Author: Message:
melia

– / Female / –
O.P. Undecided  Just some questions
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this so I'm going to post here...just have a couple of questions about msg plus...

If I appear "offline", but I'm really online and I block someone, and the said person has msg plus, could they still get a log of when I signed on/off?

And if they do have a log of my activites, is there a plugin to change whether I want to be logged or not?

I just downloaded msg plus this morning so I'm a little green to this program.
Thanks for any help on this!
10-02-2005 04:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Just some questions
quote:
Originally posted by melia
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this so I'm going to post here...just have a couple of questions about msg plus...
this is the correct place to ask (Y)...

EDIT: although "Help & Support" would've been better :P

quote:
If I appear "offline", but I'm really online and I block someone, and the said person has msg plus, could they still get a log of when I signed on/off?
nope... it also doesn't matter if they have Plus! or not. When you're "appear offline" your contacts wont get any notifications of your signing off; as far as they are concearned, you are already logged off... Messenger Plus! can't do anything about that as it is the MSN Messenger protocol itself which is responsible for sending the notifications (or in this case: not sending the notifications).

quote:
And if they do have a log of my activites, is there a plugin to change whether I want to be logged or not?
Even if they could see you loggin off, there wont be any plugin which could alter the ability of your contacts logging functions. That would be major privacy invasion; you can't decide what other people log or not...

quote:
I just downloaded msg plus this morning so I'm a little green to this program.
You might wanna read the FAQs, TUTs and help pages first: http://www.msgplus.net/help.php

This post was edited on 10-02-2005 at 05:12 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-02-2005 05:07 PM
melia

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Just some questions
Thank you so much!  You have been very helpful!
10-02-2005 05:09 PM
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
nope... it also doesn't matter if they have Plus! or not. When you're "appear offline" your contacts wont get any notifications of your signing off; as far as they are concearned, you are already logged off... Messenger Plus! can't do anything about that as it is the MSN Messenger protocol itself which is responsible for sending the notifications (or in this case: not sending the notifications)

Ah unless you have msgdiscoveryx... To see when somone "signs in offline"

* LittleK wonders if this affects your question..
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
10-03-2005 12:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
melia

– / Female / –
You mean even if I have someone blocked and I appear offline?  Wow, that seems kind of bordering invasion of privacy.  But!  Sounds like a nifty little add-on!  I think I'll check it out! ;)
10-03-2005 04:51 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
You mean even if I have someone blocked and I appear offline?  Wow, that seems kind of bordering invasion of privacy.  But!  Sounds like a nifty little add-on!  I think I'll check it out! ;)
No, for you to see others who log in appearing offline.

I don't see why anyone would like to know that tbh, if they are "offline" you can't message them anyway. If others see that contact as online yet only you see that person offline it could mean that person blocked you..or that msn servers are having glitches again. No way to tell for sure what it indicates..even if it does mean that person blocked you..what's it to you? There's a million reasons to block people (not only bad ones), you can bet on it they won't like you bugging them about if and why they blocked you.

This post was edited on 10-03-2005 at 05:09 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-03-2005 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
melia

– / Female / –
My quote: You mean even if I have someone blocked and I appear offline?

I mean when "I" have someone blocked or I appear offline.  I don't care if someone blocks me.  I was asking if I block someone.  Thanks, though.
10-03-2005 05:14 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
If you have them blocked or you are "appear offline", they wont notice you logging off, no matter what addon they have.

If you have them blocked, they wont notice you logging on, no matter what addon they have.

If you are "appear offline", they wont notice you logging on, unless they have messengerdiscovery x, and even then it isn't always correct (I noticed).

This post was edited on 10-03-2005 at 09:32 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-03-2005 09:29 PM
melia

– / Female / –
Thank you so much, Cookie!  I like you!  I want you to help me all the time!  :)  You're SO helpful and you answer my questions without making me feel dumb...unlike the previous poster  :S
10-04-2005 03:28 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: