What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » "Boss Protection" feature requests

"Boss Protection" feature requests
Author: Message:
skootles

O.P. "Boss Protection" feature requests
Well, I dont know how often anyone uses the Boss Protection, or messenger lock, but I do, alot, and I just thought of suggesting a few things.

1. A password-lock feature for the boss protection. Right now, I have mine set up so that on resume, it does /lock, which locks msn with a password, but it's just a quick-fix solution :P

2. When you use Boss Protection, Msg Plus! should change the tooltip text when you hover over the icon in the system tray to whatever you want. I use it to hide msn from my parents / friends, but I know that if they ever got hold of the mouse, they would hover over the icon, and see "MSN Messenger - (Be Right Back)

3. When you use Boss Protection, you have the option to send a message to all open windows. Sometimes, I have just opened a window when I use it, and the first thing someone sees from me is  "Brb"  instead of  "Hey, what's up?". Maybe there could be an option that if there hasn't been and chatting, that it wouldn't send the message to that person?

That's it for now. I'm not sure if any of these have been suggested, so if they are, forgive me  :P
11-03-2005 12:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MightyMike

RE: "Boss Protection" feature requests
i also use the locks, and for number 3, i think you mean this (pic)

[Image: untitled5pn.jpg]

the message when hiding? it's good enough, unless you want it more complicated

This post was edited on 11-03-2005 at 05:35 PM by MightyMike.
11-03-2005 05:34 PM
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
I think what he means for the third option is this:

He may have only just opened a chat window and before he's had a chance to say 'Hello' (or whatever) his parents (whoever) have walked in and he's had to revert to boss mode. Therefore, currently, the boss mode feature will send the predetermined text to all open windows (eg 'brb') including the window that has just been opened without any conversation having taken place. This means that the recipient will receive 'brb' and think 'wtf, I haven't even spoken to him'.

I personally think this will be difficult to implement and mainly useless as it would be such a rare occurance.

[Correct me if I got your idea wrong skootles:P]
[Image: kierantsig5ru.png]
11-03-2005 05:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
skootles

O.P. RE: "Boss Protection" feature requests
Nope, you're right.

And yes, this would be an un-common occourence, but none-the-less, it still happens  :P
11-03-2005 08:48 PM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
I agree with "add resume password" and "change tooltip" suggestions :)
11-04-2005 02:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: