What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » problem with voice clips

problem with voice clips
Author: Message:
tohatz

O.P. problem with voice clips
I use MSN messenger 7,5 and i have a problem with the voice clips... I don't send any, since i don't use a mic, but i receive a lot. So here's the problem:

A week ago everything was fine. When a voice clip was received, it would automatically play and i could hear it (and then save it if needed). But then i had to install a new HDD so i installed XP from scratch. After installing everything (drivers, programs and messenger of course) i had a conversation with my girlfriend through msnm. At some point i received a voice clip. But it would't play. No matter how many times i clicked the play button, it would just appear to be playing but i could not hear anything. However, saving the file (using save as..) would solve my problem. But i had to save each voice clip in order to hear it. I also noticed that media player could not play any of my old saved voice clips, since it was missing a codec.

I searched the net but found nothing. I installed a whole bunch of wav codecs but nothing happend. Disappointed as i was, i decided to reinstall windows, thinking that there might have been a coflict during the installation of 3rd party programs (i use a lot of sound/video editing progs). So after the format, i try to play the old voice clips and... nothing again. With nothing except media player 10 installed (XP SP1). I install msnm and it still can't play the voice clips except if i save them first.

Can anyone help me with this? I can't find a reason for this to happen... And like i said i receive a lot of voice clips, so i can't just keep clicking "save as"... I would appreciate any help you could offer me...
12-21-2005 12:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: