What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Bot Developers Kit Version 2.01 available (update: feb 26, 2006)

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Bot Developers Kit Version 2.01 available (update: feb 26, 2006)
Author: Message:
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bot Developers Kit Version 2.01 available (update: feb 26, 2006)
I've made a little change to BotDK. Check the opening post.
02-26-2006 01:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DieterDHoker

41 / Male / –
RE: Bot Developers Kit Version 2.01 available (update: feb 26, 2006)
Thx for this DK, just discovered it today and I managed to make a plugin with it, that uses an activeX Dll that wraps a perl-interpreter, so i can make all those perl-commands i made available within my msn messenger conversations, without having to use my unstable perl-msn-proxy :)
03-20-2006 12:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bot Developers Kit Version 2.01 available (update: feb 26, 2006)
quote:
Originally posted by DieterDHoker
Thx for this DK, just discovered it today and I managed to make a plugin with it, that uses an activeX Dll that wraps a perl-interpreter, so i can make all those perl-commands i made available within my msn messenger conversations, without having to use my unstable perl-msn-proxy :)
You're welcome :).

The idea of your plugin sounds cool! What do those Perl commands actually do?
03-20-2006 04:33 PM
DieterDHoker

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Bot Developers Kit Version 2.01 available (update: feb 26, 2006)
quote:
Originally posted by mrhuge

The idea of your plugin sounds cool! What do those Perl commands actually do?

Some dictionary commands, for example: !vandale <woord> that uses LWP to get the definition from vandale.nl (dutch dictionary). (actually I use DBI and an mysql-server first to see if i already have a definition for that word stored, and if not then i use LWP and the site to get it and store it in my database)

also have some translating dictionaries and a acronym lookup command, using the same principle, mainly for the dutch language.

things like !weather, !tv , !train <city> <city> to get weather information for the next day,  what's on tv right now, and train hours ... all using LWP offcourse.

small commands like !calc 10+45+cos(45) that calculates the expression.

the usual things you can do easily with perl :)

A whole lot of personal commands I use to acces information on my pc quickly.

now i'm working on this command that does a grep of the logfile of the person that is chatting with me. So people can search in my logfiles.

and a little command i'm planning to do later on, for my girlfriend so she can trigger a toast popup when i'm not responding on msn and wants to get my attention ;)

and a command to add perlcode to be executed on all the following messages in the current conversation.

only just discovered your DK, so i'm in the process of modyfing all those commands to get it better integrated in the new architecture. (like I used to have 1 global persistant Database connection, for now with your DK i always make a new connection for every command that gets triggered.)

This post was edited on 03-20-2006 at 05:26 PM by DieterDHoker.
03-20-2006 05:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
yagiz.y

RE: RE: Bot Developers Kit Version 2.01 available (update: feb 26, 2006)
quote:
Originally posted by DieterDHoker
... just discovered it today and I managed to make a plugin with it, that uses an activeX Dll that wraps a perl-interpreter...

Dieter, how did you manage to use a DLL with the BotDK? I am trying to link my plugin with a normal (non-ActiveX, non-COM) DLL, and Messenger Plus does not even show my plugin in the available plugins list. If I remove the references to the DLL, the plugin shows up OK.

--
Yagiz
06-09-2006 03:14 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: