What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » A-Patch

A-Patch
Author: Message:
baldeagle

VANCOUVER CANUCKS AL DA WAY!!LOL!!

O.P. A-Patch
i have come by a program that has been created for MSN Messenger which has some featues which are pretty useful. I think MSG PLus should think about adding some features like no nudge delay or Multi- Polygram (Multy MSN or WLM)  the program name is A-Patch the site is   http://apatch.ikhost.com/     THANX
05-17-2006 11:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: A-Patch
the creater of apatch is IIRC 'Ahmad' ... hes a memeber of the forum and a patch is very well known

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-17-2006 11:17 PM
baldeagle

O.P. RE: A-Patch
thanx but my point was too sum how get a msg to Patchou to add some or all of those features to PLUS LIVE 4.00 or 4.01 or sumthin
05-17-2006 11:25 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
ok.. apatch already does it so its not likely plus will do it, additionally new plus features are a bit of a rarity nowadays because it is becoming a bit 'bloated'. major things like sendings sounds will of course be added (as it has) but a few minor things i doubt will be implemented

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-17-2006 11:30 PM
baldeagle

O.P. RE: A-Patch
ok thanx but the thing is A-Patch is a bit more complicated according to me it would be easier if atleast "SOME" of the features could be added.

B.T.W can u pls deliver this msg to Pathou if possible
05-17-2006 11:33 PM
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
It wont happen.

A-patch is a patch.
Msgplus is an add-on.

Two entirely different things, the patch modifies the msn program files, whilst msgplus does not.

Rafy.

05-17-2006 11:38 PM
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
I'm sure Patchou already know about A-Patch which has already a post here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=57619 Also, Patchou is doing an addon so I don't think he would modifiy things in Messenger (As he removed the add removal function since msgplus 3.4 i think)
05-17-2006 11:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
Just a little note:

Messenger Plus! Live will include the ability to have multiple instance sof WLM at one time without patching the executible (polygamy) :).
Segosa is newb.
05-18-2006 05:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Reload2

-> The second Reload <-

31 / Male / –
And shows contacts as Idle
05-18-2006 07:12 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: A-Patch
quote:
Originally posted by baldeagle
thanx but my point was too sum how get a msg to Patchou to add some or all of those features to PLUS LIVE 4.00 or 4.01 or sumthin
Will never happen. Some reasons are explained above, but the main reason is that A-Patch (and other patches) are very HIGHLY version dependant.

A patch for one specific build will not work on another specific build. This means that if it would be included in Plus!, Plus! needs to be updated all the time.

This can be overcome by creating some algorithm which searches for th e correct specific addresses to patch, but in most cases, this is not always reliable as code will change between builds.

Also, most of the stuff that A-Patch (and other patches) do is altering the UIFiles of Messenger. This can cause great compatibily issues for both Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger.

And 99% of all those patches included in A-Patch ad/or Mess.be patch are things which needs to be done before messenger is loaded. They can not be applied when messenger is already running or loading.

And, not unimportant also, the stuff that A-Patch (and other patches) do are not used by that many people. The general public do not want to remove a specific button or change the location of button X to position Y. Not to mention that such changes are done only once (usually), not enable/disabled all the time.

Those who do want these changes, already use these existing patches anyways. So no need to put this extra work into Plus!, work which will:
1) need to change after every messenger update
2) break compatibility in some cases
3) not much used by the general user
4) causes other problems for other addons (not only for Messenger Plus!)
5) can't even be done because they need to be done before messenger is loaded
6) ...

The reason why the polygamy patch and the idle patch will be included in Messenger Plus! Live is because of the great demand (unlike all the other patches), it doesn't break compatibility with Messenger Plus! nor Messenger (although this isn't officially), they are relative 'safe' (unlike most of the other patches), and can be applied while messenger is loading/running.

Note: if A-patch (or mess.be patch or the likes) is too complicated, then there is nothing much Messenger Plus! would be able to do about it either. If all those patches were included it will also be in the form of a list where you need to (un)tick the options.

This post was edited on 05-18-2006 at 08:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-18-2006 08:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: