What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Desktop contact feature request...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Desktop contact feature request...
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Desktop contact feature request...
quote:
Originally posted by HBeta
I'm not asking for it to be a complete replacement man...
I know. But you ask this, another asks the next thing (eg: show webcam button if they have it, show last line said from th echat window, etc...) and before you know it the difference between a chat window and a desktop contact is zero. aka desktop contacts gets bloated... That was all I'm saying, in a personal opinion...

PS: and that was only said out of experience from some time ago when the desktop contacts were just introduced. People started to ask all kinds of stuff like add this small thing and add that small idea. And they all said that it would be 'neat'. But if everything would have been added, we would now have all the features of a complete contactlist and all of the chat conversations in that small desktop contact. In other words, totally bloated and chaotically useless.

quote:
Originally posted by HBeta
The whole "it wouldn't be useful and shouldn't be done" argument is kinda harsh, seeing as you can completely go against that statement by saying that seeing a contact type in a normal window is just as useless; cause you'll get the message when you get the message.
I didn't say the "user is typing" message in a convo is usefull either though. I find it just as useless (although, maybe a very small bit less useless, as it would be 'neat' indeed, but that's all. And just being 'neat' doesn't mean it is usefull. But a desktop contact is not the place to show it IMO, that's for the chat window itself to show... but that's my opinion... and I'm not the one who makes decisions to what is being added or not).

This post was edited on 05-23-2006 at 12:47 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-23-2006 12:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: