What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Booting problems????

Booting problems????
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Booting problems????
Well, I'm in need of some serious help!

I turned my computer on for the first time this day when i got home from school. When i logged in, the panel at the bottom of windows(the bit with star tnd the system tray) did not load and my whole computer was froze.

I then started up in safe mode, Unistalled windowblinds as i thought it might be adding to the problem, then rebooted but no luck!

So into safe mode again, to unistall Object Dock Plus, the only programme i have downloaded in a while, and that was working fine yesterday(when i downloaded) Then i turned off my PC for the night. When i tried to unistall Object Dock Plus from control panel(in safe mode) It wouldn't work, when i clicked the "Change/Remove" button it didn't do anything, i think that the file maybe corrupt?? :s

So i did a system restore to before i installed Object Dock Plus, yet it still didn't work and now i am unsure what to do? Do a system restore from a day before?

Or could i delete the Object Dock Plus files manually in safe mode?

Thanks,

Vaccinaiton

This post was edited on 07-06-2006 at 06:21 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-06-2006 06:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Booting problems????
Try downloading Object Dock Plus (in 'Safe Mode with networking') and then install it. It should replace and fix the corrupt files. Then remove it from add/remove programs.

If your still unsuccessful, see if there is an uninstall file in the Program Files (C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\) and run it.

If that doesn't work, manually delete the entire \ObjectDock\ folder and restart as normal.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-06-2006 06:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: