What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Virtual sound amplifier?

Virtual sound amplifier?
Author: Message:
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Virtual sound amplifier?
Hello everyone.

I have speakers that are rather good, not very expensive though, but good enough for me. If I set sound in Windows to highest, and my volume control on device itself to 50%, they make more sound than my environment can allow :p If I set all possible sound controlls to 100%, my speakers will die.

The problem is: I have downloaded a DVD rip, avi, 1,4 GB (so very good quality of sound and picture), but the sound is really very very low... If I set all volume controlls to 100% (in media player, in Windows and on my speaker device itself), the sound is still so low, that you need to sit 10 cm from speakers to hear the music, and what is said.

I know, that this problem can be fixed by re-editing the file, and copying it's audio track, and pasting it over itself. By doing this a couple of times, I can reach much higher volume.
The problem is, that I dont have a good program that does such kind of audio edit on .avi files, and does not involve the picture. I can do this with Windows Movie Maker, but it involves editing of the whole file, and saves it with a very bad picture quality.

I have 2 questions:
1) Does anybody know, if there is a "virtual sound emplifier", a prgram that just "pastes" all the sounds created by Windows over each other (same way as manual editing of the file, but just in real-time for all sounds), so everything is louder without file editin
2) If 1 is not possible, does anybody know a small program that allows me to edit sound of the .avi files, and does not involve editing the picture or other part of the file, so I keep the perfect quality of the picture, that I want to have.

Please, don't suggest me to "just buy good speakers" or to "install an amplifier device inbetween my PC and my speakers" or to "borrow the speakers of my friends to watch the video" or to "check the settings of sounds in Control Panel", as these "solutions" are no answers to my 2 questions, and alternative ways like those are known good enough by everyone, including myself.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions! :)
07-30-2006 04:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: